ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member - Hello, now for some questions...

Hi there everyone,
My name is Alex and i'm new to the forum, mainly because I just bought a clio sport 182 after my lupo gti was written off :( I went ALLL the way to Scotland (from london) to buy the car and so far it doesn't seem too bad.
I'm new to clio's and Renault's in general so my first stupid question is...What is the difference between the car i bought - 2004 Renault Clio Sport 182 and a 2004 Renault Clio Sport 182 CUP? I've had a little look and I can't notice much physical difference between the two, my car has gun metal grey chunky spoke wheels, the half leather interior and has a spoiler of some description which the CUP also has, so am I missing something? Unsarcastic comments appreciated :)

FF 182
Bigger spolier, anthracite wheels, cup suspension on the 182 Cup i believe.

Other people may wish to add/correct me :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The cup has different trim, but mechanically is the same as a 182 with both cup packs.

Ok then, so basically the only difference between the car I bought and the cup is uprated suspension, a different spoiler and different trim? Is the cup actually a better car then? Cheers 667.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ok then, so basically the only difference between the car I bought and the cup is uprated suspension, a different spoiler and different trim? Is the cup actually a better car then? Cheers 667.
Does the car you've bought have cup packs? If so, it's mechanically identical to a cup. Identical.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Most people agree that there's very little between the 182 FF and the 182 cup, especially if you're planning on modifying it. It's certainly no worse than a cup IMO.

Hold on what's a 182ff lol? How do I know if my car has cup packs? On the log book its just down as a renaault clio sport 182, so I assume it has no cup packs? However it does have the nice chunky gun metal alloys (see profile pic) which I thought only came on the cup :S? It's also got auto air conditioning, cruise control and xenons, don't know if that makes a difference. I'm totally new to clio sports, I don't know anyone that's had/got one hence the confusion.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looking at that pic, looks like you have both cup packs (cup suspension and spoilers).

Hyundai i40
if it was a cup it would have cloth seats not leather

but as it has leather and all the trimmings, its a 182 ff (full fat ie full of extras/air con/xenons etc) with Cup packs (spoiler/suspension/grey wheels) so the suspension has been uprated

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Bear in mind you don't definitely have cup suspension, I've seen a few non-cup pack cars running around with the anthracite wheels. Only way to be sure is to measure the hub bolt spacing.

Ok well the suspension is quite stiff, hardly any body roll through corners and hates potholes like most stiff cars so maybe it has got the "uprated" suspension. Brown bear, what exactly on the hub would i be measuring? Do you mean the PCD of the wheel bolt holes on the hub?

FF 182
Ok well the suspension is quite stiff, hardly any body roll through corners and hates potholes like most stiff cars so maybe it has got the "uprated" suspension. Brown bear, what exactly on the hub would i be measuring? Do you mean the PCD of the wheel bolt holes on the hub?

He means between the suspension bolts, take the wheel off and then measure two bolts on lower suspension. Mine is 182ff with a 60mm spacing between the two bolts as the car has both cup packs so i have the uprated suspension

Other 182's have a spacing of 54mm between the 2 suspension bolts i believe.

I could be totally wrong as i'm fairly new myself lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Just to clarify, if you do have the Cup suspension then you have a FF 182 (as in full fat, with both Cup packs fitted).

You also get a normal 182 - same as yours but without the spoiler/splitter or suspension upgrade fitted
Or you could have a 182 Cup - same as yours with the same spoiler/splitter and upgraded suspension but without the leather seat covers, Xenon lights, climate control etc.

So the only thing you're missing from a 182 Cup, would be a slightly lighter chassis as there's less toys fitted as standard.

He means between the suspension bolts, take the wheel off and then measure two bolts on lower suspension. Mine is 182ff with a 60mm spacing between the two bolts as the car has both cup packs so i have the uprated suspension

Other 182's have a spacing of 54mm between the 2 suspension bolts i believe.

I could be totally wrong as i'm fairly new myself lol

Ok well when you say measure the spacing between the bolts on the "suspension" I assume you mean the bolts that hold the shock absorber in place?

What's so special about your 182 that made you travel all the way from London to Scotland??
PRICE and needed to get a car fast as travel to uni and exam week was coming up! All the clio 182's I could find with less than 55k on the clock that were in decent condition, had the gun metal wheels and in a decent colour were atleast £3750-4000 and believe it or not if you look for a clio sport at the moment the vast majority (atleast 75%) are being sold by trade garages! The one I found was considerably less than that price, has got long tax and MOT and apart from an exhaust that appears that will need doing soon and some suspect holes in the wheel arch liners it seems all good! Also after driving the car all the way home from scotland and nearly a week after, TODAY i discovered another stalk on the right behind the steering wheel! I can't believe I didn't notice it before but as most of you know it changes the volume on the stereo :) a luxury my lupo gti didn't have (although in fairness that had heated seats).