ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new member looking for some advice

fast one
Hey everyone just wanted to know whats the 172 cup like? I currently own a civic type r and have been offered a gorgeous looking 172 cup plus some cash my way :)

I think im gonna go for it but just wanted to see what your good and bad points were to look out for when i go to look at it.

Thanks again - Dave

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome to the forum.

Really just check for service history and if the belts and dephaser etc have been changed at the right times. I paid 700 to get mine done so be careful :s

Then just the usual stuff you'd check on any other car really

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Welcome along, I've had 2 of them with a 4 year gap inbetween. I love them. I've driven other variants and had to go back. Some will prefer a 182 with all the goodies etc but I like the way they drive like a old skool hot hatch. In comparison to a type r, I wouldn't say it was a downgrade.

In terms of what to look out for. There's plenty of threads on here. Make sure it's had belts done correctly and all the bits of specific cup trim are intact. Spoiler, splitter, speedline turinis etc etc. oh and if it has a standard exhaust expect to leave it in a hedgerow shortly.

fast one
Haha this has got a ktec stealth system i think or somethig that sounds familiar anyways. Tidy tourinis in black and front a rear strut braces. Looks tidy to be honest. Will have to find out about cambelt and dephaser thanks