ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member. Picked up a Sport.

Clio 172, RX8 231
I have an RX8 but it's been killing me on fuel so I decided to pick up something else. Saw this Clio for £700 and snapped it up. It had been sat for a while and the brakes needed freeing off. Tax was out and the MOT is up in April. The timing belt has been done recently though and the last MOT had no advisories. Just over 60k on the clock, previous MOT's to back it up. It's not perfect but it drives just fine with no rattles or any funny noises I can hear.

Issues with it so far:
Weak washer jets.
Fuel gauge seems to be working but goes up randomly now and then.
Since the battery was recharged the drivers door doesn't open from outside unless I push it in a bit. Weird.
Seat leans back too far and I can't get it to come forward making driving uncomfortable.
Little spots of rust on the back arches but nothing major thankfully.
The steering wheel is a mess. So tatty.

DSC_0285_zps76fefb5e.jpg

DSC_0287_zps1869aaa2.jpg

DSC_0288_zpseac3fdec.jpg

DSC_0289_zpsad6e9c3a.jpg

DSC_0293_zpsb99dc9ac.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
welcome and tbh, for 700 quid who can argue, good buy even if it does pop in a week :)

Clio 172, RX8 231
aaaaaand the car is leaking oil from the gearbox. Nice. That's what happens when you buy a £700 car.

Woke up to a nice puddle of it under the car this morning. I think it's a hole but my mate reckons a driveshaft seal. It's so soaked with oil it's hard to tell.

Will know more tomorrow when I have time.

aaaaaand the car is leaking oil from the gearbox. Nice. That's what happens when you buy a £700 car.

Woke up to a nice puddle of it under the car this morning. I think it's a hole but my mate reckons a driveshaft seal. It's so soaked with oil it's hard to tell.

Will know more tomorrow when I have time.

Welcome!
Just blame Coops cos he jinxd it!

Clio 172, RX8 231
That wonky badge is definitely annoying haha but low on the list as you say. :)

The leak from the gearbox was the metal end plate, which I cannot find anywhere yet.

Also one of my rear shocks burst leaving my car leaking at 2 ends.

Go £700 clio! :clap:

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I've got some rear shocks you could have. And a steering wheel in a lot better condition than that. But not perfect.

Clio 172, RX8 231
Updates on the issues

Weak washer jets seem to have worked themselves out.
Fuel gauge is working just fine.
I sorted the seat and now it's comfortable.

Had to replace 3 relays including the fuel pump one to sort a starting issue.
Ordered 2 rear shocks as one had burst.
Replaced the battery.
Ordered the gearbox end cover from Renault to solve my leak. Cheaper than I thought but it's coming from France so it's gonna be a while.

I'm not convinced it's running 100% so gonna replace the coil, plugs and leads after the gearbox cover.