ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Hi, after regretting selling my 182 8 years ago I recently picked up a RS 200 (2010). Looking to do some track days this summer so after any good advice.

Flamer Barn Find
Good tyres, brakes and an oil change. Enjoy the track day and the car will tell you what it needs next.

Trust me, i've been there and ploughed thousands into a car to use as a track car and ended up hating it due to not actually enjoying the car and it just sitting in the garage.

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Thanks guys, first job is engine mounts. Has any upgrade to the Ktec ones or best to replace with standard? Mine are knocking (especially from cold). Current tyres are Uniroyal Rainsport 3’s which seem pretty good. Car is completely standard to the best of my knowledge with cup pack and Recaros.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My usual response here..... are there any receipts to show when the last gearbox oil change was done? It transformed mine from a spoon in porridge to actually feeling nice to use.

Welcome aboard, btw! :up:

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Nothing mentioned in the service book. Car has only done 44k but never had a cam belt done. I’ve got it booked in for this month and want to do the engine mounts at the same time. I’ll get the gearbox oil done as well.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, get those service items sorted, new genuine engine mounts if the car is mainly for road blasts and occasional trackday imo

then just have a crack on track and work from there, i suspect the first thing to let you down will either be brakes or the Uniroyal's on track

PH2 172
Current tyres are Uniroyal Rainsport 3’s which seem pretty good..

There are better tyres available then Rainsport 3`s in 215/45r17, Michelin PS4`s for one.
Please don`t venture out on a dry track with the Uniroyals, it will ruin your day.

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Cheers guys, was thinking of getting another set of wheels with more track day biased tyres nearer the time, but now sounds like a must. Are the brakes a week point on the car? Read the standerd set up is pretty good on road and track.

PH2 172
Cheers guys, was thinking of getting another set of wheels with more track day biased tyres nearer the time, but now sounds like a must. Are the brakes a week point on the car? Read the standerd set up is pretty good on road and track.

Standard pads or Brembo`s will be fine.
If they do start to cook & go away from you, come in & let them cool.
They won`t do it again.

An extra set of wheels is the way to go.
When your RS3`s are done, which won`t be long, some PS4`s for road & wet track use, and some R595R`s for dry track use.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome along

Decide where you will be using the car the most before start changing the parts, for example uprated/harder engine mounts are better on track but will put more vibrations through the car on tick over on the road. So probably better with new OE mounts if mostly a road car and odd track day

If you have plenty meat on your current brakes and are decent quality , Id use those and keep the sessions short and do a proper cool down lap at 50% to get rid of the heat out of the brakes/car. Changing the front brake pads to a more track focused pad is the best VFM way of getting decent brakes, but again you want to decide where the car is going to be used most. Brake fluid, I'd check when this was last changed and consider refreshing this anyway as it often gets overlooked

Get 4 x matching decent tyres on there. You can pick a second hand set up on here with track tyres on , keep a look out in the market place

If you do want any parts get in touch , I can supply various part both OE Renault and uprated. Various brakes discs, pads, braided lines, fluids, service items, Powerflex bushes to name a few

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Thanks George, car is purely a weekend/track day toy so not worried about comfortable commuting etc. Got a major service with cambelt and all fluids coming soon. Needs new engine mounts but would prefer Powerflex over OE from what I've read and would like to get it all done at the same time.