ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Non-Sport Owner

Toyota Paseo
Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking for a little while since I got my Clio but I've finally made the jump to get a membership! Can't wait to proudly wear my Clio Sport stickers!

I currently drive a Clio 1.6 16v 03' around the Coventry area - lots of trips down the A46.

This is the second car I've owned (third driven) and I've been on the road since mid 2012. I briefly had a Golf Cabrio 1.8 87' (That's the Carburetor engine) but I had to get rid due to a fuel system problem I had no time or money to fix! No hard feelings, it's gone to a good friend who's restoring it.

Anyway here's some pictures from today of my pride and joy bone-stock 116,000 mile Dynamique:
Overview_zps33ec4a95.jpg

FrontProfile_zps43fb400b.jpg

Inside_zps7bbd81bd.jpg

RearProfile_zps9a2234a3.jpg

doorbullets_zps9833aebe.jpg

Here's the Golf:
theoldgolf_zpsd2a2d6e5.jpg

Kind Regards,
Tom

Welcome Tom,

Looks a very clean example especially at 116K.

No haste in signing up straight any eh :)

The forum will save you a penny or two, no doubt.

Just noticed the PS edit on the kerb :eek:

Any plans for it?

​Mat.

Toyota Paseo
Thanks Mat, It's not quite as glossy looking in the flesh but it's not too bad overall.

I don't want to over promise myself anything, you know how it is - I think for now I want to make the engine and gearbox watertight, get the paintwork mopped and wheels refurbed. Kill off all the rattling in the cabin along with the little leak behind the dashboard. Then perhaps start thinking of some more serious suspension and brake mods - the stock suspension is rather fluid but does sway and bounce a fair bit under load (although it's pretty progressive when driving as fast as it'll go).

But otherwise I'd like to keep it relatively low-key as I can still sneak up on a few cars and give them a little surprise.....

Thanks for the Welcome!

Kind Regards,
Tom

Oh standard photographic trickery, still a very straight example.

At least you're thinking of the right things first rather than neglecting them for looks.

Well french cars are full of these rattles, it's just a chasing game to fix them all before another one starts.
Although it does make good fun dis-assembling the dash.
I must admit the standard suspension setup is very comfy when taking it easy, but when you want to take a spirited trip it does like to sway.

I'd guess it is a surprise from such a small car.

Toyota Paseo
Yeah from the photos you can't see any of the swirls the last owner waxed into it - or the poker dot stone chips around the front.

At the moment I have a few niggles with it at idle, it makes what sounds like a belt whining when warm occasionally which I'd think was the Aux belt (simple enough) as it hasn't been 10k since the last Cam Belt replacement. Also when idling it sounds a little on the rough - not noticeable from the cabin but a little dry sounding. I'm not sure if that's just how they sound as I've not had chance to listen to any other K4M's in real life.

​That and low speed gear changes engage with a considerable clunk (and often an audible clunk too) which I'd pin down to rear gearbox mount?

172 Cup
Welcome to the forum. You might see me on the A46 some time :)

I'm beginning to think Clios are just noisy. Today mine was making a nice loud buzz around 3k-rpm, sounded like exhaust rattle, but I think it's gone away now :)
Also makes belty noises (more whir than squeak though) when cold. Don't get me started on trim buzzes.
Oh and the CD player doesn't always work and rarely ejects and makes horrible clicking noises. But hey I can't hear much over the silly induction kit it came with.

You might be right about the mount or it might be that your clutch isn't fully dis-engaging?
Check cams are wet, check fluids are all between the lines and the right colour :p

Like what you did with the road paint there.

Toyota Paseo
Thanks Scarble,

I was thinking of buying some make-up pads (wait for it) which are the perfect shape and size to stick between trim panels with sticky back plastic.

That's a good point, I'll have to take a look at the mount and see if that doesn't help - if not that clutch job isn't going to be cheap is it?

Funny you should mention the CD player, mine plays up quite often and most of the time ends up ejecting the CD instead of playing.

Yeah I'll see you out there - 172 Cup? What colour? Some Fridays I come off the A46 at the Kenilworth Roundabout and go down the B4115 towards Coventry for a bit of a treat - I'd really recommend that if it's a nice day.

Thanks,
Tom

172 Cup
Blue one. Mondial or Monaco or something. Not the bright racing one, the metallic shimmery one. Posh plate ;)
I'm in North East Cov though so mostly only use the upper bit of the A46. Sometimes go out down Brinklow road past Coombe park then down the Fosse. Will have to give the 4115 a try some time. It's a bit poorly at the mo, think it needs new booties and the sqooshy bits at the back at least before we can have treats.

I forget what it's called but there's a sort of foam tape you can get which'd be good probably if it'd fit :)

Toyota Paseo
Haha, sounds like you'll need to take a trip to the foleshill road.

I'll have to look out for you! Although I'm sure I'll blend in to the 500,000 other black clios in Cov.

Just look out for the one with the garish belt whining.