ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New pc

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
Hello,

Just thought I would tell you all that I have brought a new custom pc,

I have a E6600 at 3.8 Ghz

4 GB Geil memory running at 4 4 4 12 at 1000Mhz

4x 250Gb drives in raid 0

and to top it off 2x 8800 GT XFX alpha edition XXX

It runs Crysis and COD 4 beautifully lol.

Got the 8800 GTs for 170 each from work which was a bargin to be honest.

P

pete.grant

Nice spec mate, where did you get it from? I'm currently in the process of speccing a new system - not sure on whether to go for a 8800 GT or GTX though. I have read a couple of reviews and they say that the GT's run quite hot.

I downloaded the UT3 demo a few weeks ago and I was getting around 10fps!! Think it's new PC time for me!

172 Cup
I have read a couple of reviews and they say that the GT's run quite hot.

Other way around maybe. The GT's use the new 65nm technology so use less power and run cooler than the older GTX's.

I can't see why anyone would consider the GTX over the GT given there's hardly any performance difference at all and the GTX cost's another £100+.

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
the new 8800 GT in most new games run at the same sort of FPS as the GTX and are quite a bit better than the 640Mb GTS

T

thecremeegg

I have read a couple of reviews and they say that the GT's run quite hot.

Other way around maybe. The GT's use the new 65nm technology so use less power and run cooler than the older GTX's.

I can't see why anyone would consider the GTX over the GT given there's hardly any performance difference at all and the GTX cost's another £100+.

The GTXs canbe had from as little as £230 if you know where to look and they're still the better option if you game at higher resolutions with AA. That said, the GT is a stonker of a card for the money!

Monaro VXR
Nice rig but you should have waited till after christmas for the penryn CPU's coming in January / february. Supposed to be up to 40% faster than the current ones with similar price. What I am doing. Plus the newer nvidia 7 series boards are out very soon.

Really bad time to buy PC hardware not just because better is coming out but because if you had waited a few weeks the price of your current stuff would have dropped a fair bit.

I was all ready to upgrade until I checked and instead I have just decided to wait a few more weeks for the newer hardware to be released the nvidia 780 boards are already available for pre order and some of the penryn chips are starting to show up for order.

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
my motherboard (680i Striker Extreme ASUS) cost me 80 when in the shops/online its about 180ish. so i think i hhave done alrite, I think my board can take the 42mm chips anyway

Fabia vRS
Nice rig but you should have waited till after christmas for the penryn CPU's coming in January / february. Supposed to be up to 40% faster than the current ones with similar price. What I am doing. Plus the newer nvidia 7 series boards are out very soon.

Really bad time to buy PC hardware not just because better is coming out but because if you had waited a few weeks the price of your current stuff would have dropped a fair bit.

I was all ready to upgrade until I checked and instead I have just decided to wait a few more weeks for the newer hardware to be released the nvidia 780 boards are already available for pre order and some of the penryn chips are starting to show up for order.

not true.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/cpu-memory/news/2007/12/20/Intel-Delaying-Quad-Core-Penryn-Launch/p1

Monaro VXR

not true.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/cpu-memory/news/2007/12/20/Intel-Delaying-Quad-Core-Penryn-Launch/p1

That only affects the Quad cores the dual cores are still getting released. And the quad cores are coming out in February / march. According to Intel.

They would not leave it nearly a year especially since they are launching their new socket and next cpu evolution next year. This year is the last year for socket 775 after that it is a dead platform. The new CPU coming out next year follows a similar design to the AMD 64 cpu's memory controller etc is all on chip etc.

Fiesta ST
My next purchase will be the new GT's amazing value for the money. Only thing I'm worried aboout is the New Dx 10.1 which only the new ATI's support.