ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New RS, release date???

E90
I'm ready to order, does anyone know roughly when the garages will start taking orders, last thing i heard was april/may launch. My car has to go in febuary so if i can order by around that time, it will be perfect. Grassyarse.

cock mobile.
I don't get how people can pre order cars that haven't drove!

It just seems too risky to me; what if it's a turkey?

E90
Its a company car, and i doubt it'll be a turkey, but cos its not my own cash, i dont mind taking a risk ;) Clart knowsit, net is yours.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
sh33n said:
I don't get how people can pre order cars that haven't drove!

It just seems too risky to me; what if it's a turkey?

R5 GTT, Clio 16v, Clio williams, 172, v6, do you really need to question it?!

VaVa
As above - Renaultsport haven't made a 'bad' car yet - i'm sure they're not about to start now.

I think I'd still wait until the release the RS-3 TrophyCupGoblet with Cup options limited edition. If it's not your cash I guess it doesn't matter.

E90
Its either that, or Golf Gti dsg or megane cup, but the lease price of those over here is through the roof, i could have a lame 220hp Wrx scooby, or something passatish and sensible. Clio should come in on budget the 172 is 100 euros a months under. Bearing in mind 172's cost 27,000 euros here.

I like the cut of your jib though lagerlout, i think i'd ride you into battle.

ITB'd 172 POPTART
At least with buying it u got the renault safety NCAP 5 * award around u! Also i hear that the sunroof is an optional extra (the double dome thing) SAID OLYMPION! £800 worth.........

I ordered my 182Cup without ever having driven one, but I had the benefit of knowing that its regarded as an old school hot hatch, and very well respected. I couldnt really lose. I had driven 205Gtis and a Williams and knew what to expect based on comparisons in the press and online etc.

But I would Not be *pre*-ordering a brand new model with no expereince of it at all. I think it's a dangerous game to presume that it will be a fantastic car.

205Gti ---> 206Gti? I rest my case.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
iirc the mk1 v6 was a turkey according to the majority of car mags, not that quick, shocking handling ie too easy to lose the rear end etc. so its not sure to be a classic is it. still lets hope so

E90
they dont handle and they aint quick, but they still look good on the highstreet.and make a nice noise, i'd have one granted after a 255, but i still wouldn't say no

Dutch 172 said:
did u miss the bit where i said it aint my money, LOL Lifes a gamble, i like to live on the edge, LOL ;)

No I didnt miss it at all, but having the choice of car is all important, whether or not you are paying for it (which you are through taxes but a lot less). If the car is a turkey you'll be stuck with it for a period of time regardless who payed for it.

Same principle as buying it really.

Clio v6
Maybe Dutch simply needs a family sized hatch for his work? Any big hatchback will be a turkey :)

E90
yup, i dont have a family and a mere scattering of friends, so i dont need a big car. i use the transit van for picking up random women and chopping them into little pieces.

Im going to wait and see, after driving the new Clio 3 im not so sure. The new grown up version is too big and really lacks the character of the mark 2B and A. Im hoping it does kick arse because I love my 172, but the new one really leaves me cold. We shall see.....

cock mobile.
Wayyy too much of a risk for my liking.

I would defo want to test one before sending off ~17k of my money to Renault!

There's a lot of competition out there; and I'll certainly try quite a few hot hatches before my next purchase!

cock mobile.
Also forgot to mention that if I did like the standard one; I'd probably wait for the trophy or cup version anyway.