ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Saab 9-3 Aero Sport Saloon

Going to have a look at one this dinner time, anyone got any opinions. Dont know much about Saab build quiality/dealers. Also could not find the vital stats on the car anyone know what they are.

Renault Laguna Coupe

We had Saabs for company cars for a few years. Build quality is pretty good, & they are really reliable, but boaty handling.

Clio 197

I drove a 9000 turbo aero for SAAB in the One Lap about 10 years ago. It was very comfortable and quick. From what I hear the new ones are better, but I havent driven one since...

My housemates dad has a Saab 9-5 Aero Estate 2.3 HOT (high output turbo) And occasionally my housemate brings it down to uni for a week or two whilst his dad is away. Its goes like the proverbial sh*t off a shovel (admittedly it does have 250bhp). The build quality of this thing is amazing, by far the best luxury-esq car i have been in, sooo many gadgets a really nice, well built car. As for the handling i was impressed, i think my mates has traction control, but it handles bloody well for an estate. Plus hes always telling me how good the saab dealers are for servicing etc, not heard a bad word about them yet. Lovely cars :D

I think the new 93 sport saloon Aero is a very nice car. Handling on the old 93s were sh*te but I have heard the new model is much better. Build quality is good and service from dealers is pretty good also. Th 2 we had here used to get a full valet when serviced which rarely happens now.

The Aero model is the top model 2.0T (210bhp) its got loads of standard features and the price isnt too bad compared to competition. CO2 isnt too bad either (if company car that is!)

i have a close friend that drives a SAAB aero, (not sure what year, its looks fairly new) The car was prepped by abborts racing, in which SAAB dealers will actually recommend to you as a tuner etc.. (all work undertaken by abborts is spot on)... thinks its near to 300bhp. Weighs almost 2 tonne tho! Handles well for such a boxy car. Interior is "VERY" dull tho as advised above the build quality is 100%. he had an old standard aero before hand, a 2.3T which went round the clock twice! It never gave him any problems at all. I think thats why he went for a newer shape, as they are so reliable! its a comfortable ride also... you dont know your doing 130 until you look down at the clock!

yeah they use the vauxhull "calibra" chassis im told, pre 95 - 98 models. my mate had his lowered by abborts, still a comfy ride, not sure how the corner std.

Went to see the dealer at dinner time .. very nice car, very nice indeed :D

Not as roomy as the Civic in the back but makes up for it in a huge boot. I see what people say about the gadgets, the new model 9-3 has been redesigned and does not use the old vectra base as the last model did. All in all very impressed, I am going to have to have a test drive.

I think I am in love .:oops: