ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Scottich Cup Owner

172 Cup
Hi guys, this is being a really long week, reason is I bought a Clio 172 Cup on Saturday, but because the car is 250 miles away I won't get it until next Saturday(8th). Oh well, I suppose it will be like Xmas coming early anyway. Can't wait!

I have recently given back my company car back due to a change of job and also sold my Fiat coupe 20VT, which was my weekend toy. The Clio Cup is to replace my company car, Am only doing a total of 40 miles a day so wanted something that was quick but would still return 30mpg+ on a mw/dual carriageway jaunt. The 172 ticked all the boxes but after driving the 172ff and the Cup back to back I decided i could live without all the mod cons. Am planning to buy something along the lines of a mk1 Elise next Spring to replace the 20VT.

Just got my Cup insurance sorted out and been looking into th eprice of things like tyres/consumables for the car and I'm quite impressed by the cheap price of things. (Last few cars I've owned its been £100++ for decent tyres.)

I promised myself th enext car I had I wouldn't mod, but I've caught myself this morning at work reading through a few tuning posts so I'll prob be back here on Sunday asking for advice about the best mods. Thinking Ktec big brake kit and a set of H&R coilovers.

Oh well, roll on Saturday......

172 Cup
Well chose the wrong day to pick it up. When I got the car it was a 250mile drive home with new discs and pads all round and then a blizzard starts, and worse the snow starts lying. Didn't get the chance to open it up too much but was impressed by the 42mpg I managed on the way home.

Some guy in a P reg Mr2 N/A tried to goad me into a race but I just ignored him but a Mr Vectra Diesel tried to undertake me on a sliproad so I showed him the tale end. Car seems in good condition, just needs a new drivers seat head rest (Am wondering about waiting for half leather 172ff seats to come available on the bay - I assume they are a direct replacement?) and areplacement gear gaiter which I'll make my own leather one instead of the crappy plastic Renault one.

R53 Cooper S
good choice matey, love the cups, ff seats should fit no probs i should imagine, piccies?:)

Exige S1 + Honda S1
I am replacing my seats with sparco's so might be tempted to sell the half leather front and rears out of mine, maybe take yours in part exchnage should I ever want to put it back to standard.

I dont know how much they are worth though

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
alritey.

theres a shindig in glasgow on 22nd dec matey if you fancy showing face me and rctempire (arsetemperature) are the reps for edinburgh/ glasgow and beef-mc for dundee + aberdeen.

Dont do perth as its good too many farmers.

pay yer 5er and get some pics up. Have a gander at rufstufs cup as well if you fancy some exhaust chat - very nice indeed.

H+Rs are a guid choice, thats what iv got