ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New seat choices...

Trafic 140dci
I'm after a new drivers bucket seats, I've managed with a cobra Monaco s for long enough now, I find it very hard and uncomfortable. I'm looking for a seat that could run a 5 or 6 point harness, offers a lot of support and really holds you tight and most importantly, comfortable for upto 4 hours.

So what do people recomend? I'd really like a sabelt cup racer seat as it looks cool, but I'm after something more functional than something pretty.

This is also kind of a wanted add, if you have something that fits the above pm me, but mainly looking for recommendations and advise.

Thanks

Lewis

Trafic 140dci
I do like the look of a recaro pole position, I know dmallett has these so I could have a test sit in one in his car :)

I like the bremcaro's with the renault sport stiching (for looks) never seen them in the flesh, and dont look overly comfortable, but i get a bit moist just looking at them! their on stone automotives website!

Trafic 140dci
I like the bremcaro's with the renault sport stiching (for looks) never seen them in the flesh, and dont look overly comfortable, but i get a bit moist just looking at them! their on stone automotives website!
Sorry, but you clearly didn't read what I put!

MUST be comfortable.
MUST be supportive.

I'm sure they may well be but I'm looking for recommendations not what looks good, I could do that on my own.

I'm driving to Nurburgring at the end of May so the above is necessary.

Sorry, but you clearly didn't read what I put!

MUST be comfortable.
MUST be supportive.

I'm sure they may well be but I'm looking for recommendations not what looks good, I could do that on my own.

I'm driving to Nurburgring at the end of May so the above is necessary.

I appoligies for my errors dear sir... seems that someone gets greatly offended! i bow down to you!!!!!!!

you seem such a nice guy!

Trafic 140dci
I appoligies for my errors dear sir... seems that someone gets greatly offended! i bow down to you!!!!!!!

you seem such a nice guy!
No need to be sarcy now. I was looking for advise, not what turns you on, I tried to be polite, I could of said alot worse, so yeah I am a nice guy. Seriously your post was of no relevance to this thread...

No need to be sarcy now. I was looking for advise, not what turns you on, I tried to be polite, I could of said alot worse, so yeah I am a nice guy. Seriously your post was of no relevance to this thread...

My post was of relevance... hench my post... what i stated was they dont look overly comfortable, thats not to say they are... i think your find i was providing you with options... which in the case of starting a thread is to ask for advice help... and my advice was

I like the bremcaro's with the renault sport stiching (for looks) never seen them in the flesh, and dont look overly comfortable, but i get a bit moist just looking at them! their on stone automotives website!​

Everybodys comfort in a perticular seat is different, some people preffer fitted seats and find them more comfortable. you never once stated a perticular prefference.

You also stated
I'm looking for a seat that could run a 5 or 6 point harness, offers a lot of support and really holds you tight and most importantly,

Well these seats provide you with that....

So maybe worth reviewing what you wrote

Bimarco's Futura Lewis, I'd say their pretty damn comfy for a bucket seat. The only other seat that felt comfier was a Corbeau Revolution wrap around seat.

Bimarcos on eBay are £200 each, cheap and FIA approved!

LY Megane R26
I'v just bought a set of Bimarco Futura's, havent fitted them yet as waiting on side-mounts so I can't comment on them tbh, but them seem very comfy after sitting in them on my bed lol.
I read very good things about them tho and at only £422 a set from poland inc delivery which took only 4 days! I did opt out of the "Renault Sport" stitching as there was somthing I didn't like about it tbh, but the company said they could do it free as charge but would take around two weeks.

As I said tho there not fitted yet but when they are your more than welcome to a sit and drive in them, thats if we even meet up before may? lol. Im sure Rhys can tell you what he thinks;)

I'v just bought a set of Bimarco Futura's, havent fitted them yet as waiting on side-mounts so I can't comment on them tbh, but them seem very comfy after sitting in them on my bed lol.
I read very good things about them tho and at only £422 a set from poland inc delivery which took only 4 days! I did opt out of the "Renault Sport" stitching as there was somthing I didn't like about it tbh, but the company said they could do it free as charge but would take around two weeks.

As I said tho there not fitted yet but when they are your more than welcome to a sit and drive in them, thats if we even meet up before may? lol. Im sure Rhys can tell you what he thinks;)

.... waits for the comment of "THIS IS NOT RELEVENT TO WHAT I ASKED" hehehehe

Bimarcos on eBay are £200 each, cheap and FIA approved!

Stones Automotive website currently has them for £249 per set (£50 extra for stiching renault sport) and there brand new! mounts are an extra £50 per seat or you can get sliding mounts for £145 i believe!

LY Megane R26
Stones Automotive website currently has them for £249 per set (£50 extra for stiching renault sport) and there brand new! mounts are an extra £50 per seat or you can get sliding mounts for £145 i believe!

£275 or £299 for the "Renault Sport" stitching.

ph1 172
I think that has no relevance to OP to be honest... he's not worried about stiching, he all about comfort... can you please keep on topic as we dont want to upset dear sir again now! he gets quite upset and stroppy

Ah sorry, I will give him a big hug tomorrow then;)

Trafic 140dci
I think that has no relevance to OP to be honest... he's not worried about stiching, he all about comfort... can you please keep on topic as we dont want to upset dear sir again now! he gets quite upset and stroppy
You have 8 posts on the forum, 6 are on this thread? You only replied because you had a wet dream over these seats. I couldn't care less about your opinion, infact think i'll report you to be honest :)

Thank's Rhys, Scott & Nick for the input, as for budget i don't really have one, don't want to be spending silly money, i'm gonna try Dan's Pole Posisions tomorrow for comfort tomorrow, might ask Scott for a sit in the Bimarco's at some point? :)

Report noted. No action needed.

You're having a hissy fit for nothing. Your post back to Joey was unnecessary.

Try being a bit nicer in future. Joey is new. There's no need to be so hostile.

Last edited:
  LY Megane R26
That's fine mate, I said you could have a sit just not sure "when will I see you again??" *singing voice* ;)

Trafic 140dci
RAF Marham will be my next track day, monies & Nurburgring are my priorities as work is short at the moment. You both going to RAF Marham?

LY Megane R26
Don't think so mate, can't afford the day, it's proberly full and don't think we can come unless we register as drivers/passengers.

Trafic 140dci
If you saw my road tyres on the f1's you would want to go to Marham just to get rid of them!

Lewis have you made your mind up after lounging in my seats? lol
I believe so... The hunt for a half decent used PP begins, and yes i am that tight it has to be second hand lol

M135i and the shed
Pole Positions or Profi SPG's imo. I've just put the Profi SPG's in my Megane this week and did a 110 mile trip on Thursday night in decent comfort.

ph1 172
Lewis, SPG's have recently come down in price so you can get them £532 each...........but it depends on your budget;)

Trafic 140dci
That's only £70 more than PP, my budget is as always as cheap as possible, but will pay the premium if needs be! Got a link?

M135i and the shed
That's only £70 more than PP, my budget is as always as cheap as possible, but will pay the premium if needs be! Got a link?

I've got 2 sets of alloy Recaro side mounts going in the For Sale section by the way............................ :D

Get it done.