ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New shifter and bushes

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I need some advice form anyone that has fitted a new shifter/gearstick to their car as I can't find any how to guides. I've got a PH1 Gear stick with surround (and knob), and some kit from Yanoo to fit to my PH2 172. In terms of fitting it, I'm assuming I need to:

1. Get car up on stands and put in neutral.
2. Move cat out of the way
3. Remove heatshield.
4. Disconnect bolt at the bottom of gear stick and bolts holding plastic surround to car and drop out the bottom of car.
5. Fit new brass shifter bush and yanoo bits.
6. Bolt plastic surround back onto car, re-attach linkage to shifter, put heatshields back and re-attach cat.

So, the bit I'm concerned about are: is all the above necessary, or is there an easier way? Are the headshield clips re-usable, or is it worth getting some replacements just in case? And if I'm only disconnecting the gear stick is there a chance I'll mis-align the gear change at some point?

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
This is the exact method I did for mine, realigning the gearstick afterwards is a PITA. I put the gearbox in reverse from the box and got my other half to hold the stick in reverse position in the car while I bolted it up (I believe the proper method is to space it out 2-3mm from the plastic extrusion that holds the lift reverse up and cable tie it in place).

Nothing broke, all went back into place no issues, at least in my experience. It was definitely a job that had me swearing throughout though

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Exactly as above.
My only issue was that the heat shield had disintegrated around the fixings. The fixings were fine. Went back together ok though.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Did you recently purchase the Yanoo kit ? I’ve been trying to get old off him but no luck - tried via his email on the website and via direct message on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This is the exact method I did for mine, realigning the gearstick afterwards is a PITA. I put the gearbox in reverse from the box and got my other half to hold the stick in reverse position in the car while I bolted it up (I believe the proper method is to space it out 2-3mm from the plastic extrusion that holds the lift reverse up and cable tie it in place).

Nothing broke, all went back into place no issues, at least in my experience. It was definitely a job that had me swearing throughout though
This only happens if you're removing the linkage from the box end. If you're just taking it apart from the bottom of the shifter it's plug and play

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Did you recently purchase the Yanoo kit ? I’ve been trying to get old off him but no luck - tried via his email on the website and via direct message on here

Believe hes died mate.

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
This only happens if you're removing the linkage from the box end. If you're just taking it apart from the bottom of the shifter it's plug and play

Ahh that's right! I had to change the gear linkage to accommodate a replacement metal bushing that went at the box end

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
If it helps anyone out I do still have copies of the fitting guides