ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Sky+HD 1Tb box

E87 118d M Sport
sky-launches-1tb-skyhd-box-0.jpg

Available now for £250. Can store over 240 hours of HD, and will be capable of providing 3D TV.

Looks like the existing Sky+HD box will replace the Sky+ box as the basic unit available, and will be priced at roughly £50.

(http://www.sky.com/shop/boxes/1TB?DCMP=ILC-SkyCOM_1TB)

Last edited:
  172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Will this mean they drop the £10 HD charge if they make the current HD box standard for new customers?

Probably not, as you can have a HD box without the sub.

nimbus r27
ive not heard anything about a 1tb box there is a 500gb box out now not a 1tb tho!!

E87 118d M Sport
no problem at all mate. i didnt believe it on a rumour site. thought id check sky. they kept that under wraps.

nimbus r27
yeah big time! nice to be kept updated! weird they say they are available now and i aint even seen 1!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
hardly suprising IMHO seeing as they were fighthing to get rid of HD boxes before/over Christmas.

182FF with cup packs
cant you just replace the hard disk anyway

In theory yes. I dunno bout the new boxes, but when I did it to my Sky+ box I ended up having to disable the live TV pause function, as every 20 seconds live TV would do a 1/2 second pause glitch. During payback it was fine.

Though this was one of the older ones and I went from the puny 30 to a 120, so it might have confused it.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
1TB is a lot of TV to be lost if it goes tits up lol. How much space is an hours 3D TV going to take up when it eventually comes out? I really don't see the point in any more than 500GB of space in a STB. They are just meant as temporary storage so you can watch things later on, not so you can build up some massive library of TV. That's why we have on demand.

182FF with cup packs
I reckon it was either related to cache on the disc or error checking or similar. As I went from the standard 40gb 5k maxtor to a 120gb 7.2k Seagate with 8mb of cache.

I also have a feeling that it was one off the Pace pieces of crap :)

1TB is a lot of TV to be lost if it goes tits up lol. How much space is an hours 3D TV going to take up when it eventually comes out? I really don't see the point in any more than 500GB of space in a STB. They are just meant as temporary storage so you can watch things later on, not so you can build up some massive library of TV. That's why we have on demand.

no its what you have a htpc for ;) 4tb and counting

2014 Focus Titanium
SC03OTT said:
Who says?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon Cupra 300
So it's no difference to the current HD other than storage really?

Anyone can upgrade for 250 quid so them with current HD box haven't lost anything at all... How much do HD boxes go for on ebayer?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
So it's no difference to the current HD other than storage really?

Anyone can upgrade for 250 quid so them with current HD box haven't lost anything at all... How much do HD boxes go for on ebayer?

You will be able to get 3D through it as well when it arrives, so there are a few differences.

Leon Cupra 300
Might upgrade when i can gain something from it..

With 3D would you need a different sort of tv?

dk

911 GTS Cab
You will be able to get 3D through it as well when it arrives, so there are a few differences.
Sky have been advertising that you can get 3d without having to upgrade any sky equipment, just need a compatible tv so I was under the impression the existing box does it too. It'll just be the way It's broadcast, not to do with the box afaik.

Would be good to have 1tb though as anytime takes up so much space!

SLK250 CDI
Hope it's more powerful than the existing HD box, it barely copes with forward/rewind/playback of HD as it is.

Might upgrade when i can gain something from it..

With 3D would you need a different sort of tv?

I tried to get it last night. Wouldnt budge on the £249 so I opted for a HD upgrade (from +). They said they would just send the box in the post so I dont have to have the muppet come out and plug it in.

Self install costs £30 wtf. Haggled this down to nowt.

Cant wait. Going to get a 1tb disk and upgrade it straight away for alot less than £249!

Go cry to your momma!
Only downside is that the normal HD boxes are dog slow with the new EPG. They simply can't handle it.

I'll be sticking with mine 'till the 1TB comes down in price though!

Lee

BMW M2C
Only downside is that the normal HD boxes are dog slow with the new EPG. They simply can't handle it.

I'll be sticking with mine 'till the 1TB comes down in price though!

The last upgrade has left me having to restart mine on average once a month. It was fine before!

Sky are f**king me around over something at the moment, so I'll play my face a bit. Moan about my box being unstable, which is it, and the fact they seem incapable of putting me on Sky Talk.

The new box looks a lot snappier through the program planner.

[youtube]BWC3mAYdJzc[/youtube]

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thats rapid. My HD box is slooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww