ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Sound System...

Ok, so I'm thinking about a new sound system, just want to see what you guys think of it and whether it's ok to replace the OEM one, there should be later additions such as an amplifier and maybe different cabling fitted.

Ok, so I want to change the standard head unit to this one, I can get it for under £200 so hopefully that will give a good base for the system.

Then I want to change the front speakers and the tweeters (Dash will be removed :( ), with this. I'm making baffles to account for the fact that they're 6.5" and not 5" like the standard ;)

The later additions will be a 10" sub in the back and replacing the rear speakers with new 5" ones, possibly these ones just so that they match the front ones.

Now the big question I need to ask is about amplification? Do I need one at the early stage, i.e. before the sub goes in? Obviously I'll need one for the sub, I was thinking 400-500w?

And what about cabling does it need upgraded to cope with the new system?

Final thing I was thinking about was changing the vehicles ground as I've heard this is important?

Cheers for the help guys :)

You havent posted the link to the HU you're talking about.

I want to do something with the system in my car, will probably be next year now though.

I would budget for some sound deadening too, does make a big difference

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Depends if you want a nice sound for you, or competition standards.. I personally don't have my music massively loud, so I pikeyed out and put 6x9s in under my parcel shelf cover, did the trick for me lol also have 4x alpine doors and a vibe 12" sub, but I have the sub off most of the time, it gets annoying

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If you're already considering putting a sub in, I would say just replace the HU with a nice high-end Alpine unit and ensure it has HPF/LPF. I did this in my old Clio and once the standard door speakers are not doing the bottom end frequencies, they go bloody loud without distorting or amping.

Might be able to get those front speakers, tweeters and crossovers for £65 if it works, if not then £70. made an abitious bid for the head unit, might be able to pick it up very cheap also if all goes well! :) (Well under 200 ;) )

How much sound dampening would I need? Would 2m*1m be enough for the doors?