ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New speakers

Standard speakers blow to easy for me! Big hip hop fan and need something to play my new Game album to many good beats on this, to be played at low volume!

I want to keep the standard head unit but change speakers, but i know that standard head unit sometimes cant take it if you start messing around with stuff like this

Can anyone advise me if they have changed theres with no problems if so what did you get?

Will i get away with adding big 6x9s in the back shelf or will that blow a fuse in the headunit or shall i just change the original 4 to some infinities of the same size or something?

Ziel Nurburgring

Can i ask why you dont want to swap the HU?

As for speakers, aftermarket ones should fine and sound better as they only take what the HU gives out (And a std renault one aint much power).

How much do you have to spend?

Want to keep standard one cause im lazy and love the controls at the wheel, never had that before ( iknow abit sad!!!). And the cup attracts enough attention as it is so dont want it broke into just yet! Where i live people get there standard ford focus head units nicked!!!

Wouldnt mine a dvd head unit though, but that would go real quick!

Dont really have a budget, just shopping at the mo

Ziel Nurburgring

Several aftermarket headunits can be hooked up to the stalk controls, so thats not a worry. Ive got mine all linked up and the only thing it cant do it switch between MP3 folders, otherwise the display still works fine as well.

As for swapping out speakers, the best job would be to replace the stds with some better comps up front and a boxed, amped sub in the boot. 6x9s will do a job, but arent really worth it for Bass. Have you considered a powered sub unit?

I didnt know you could put a different head unit connected up to the controls will have to look into that, not many decent ice shops i know of in manchester dont really like halfords!!!

Not really into subs and bass boxes!!

I like loud and clear, i have some pioneer 6x9s i took out of my saxo hopefully wont need to get an amp to power these from the standard unit!