ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New steering wheel and airbag light.

PH1 V6
Hi,
Once I get my steering wheel back and it gets fitted (not by me unless it can be done with a reversible screwdriver) will the airbag light be on with no airbag being present?
If yes, could someone help with how to get rid of it?
Read elsewhere ages ago about some sort of resistor may be needed. If so then could someone be good enough to tell me what's needed and if poss post a link as to where to get it?

Many thanks :up:

Last edited:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Is it an original steering wheel that you're having re-furbed? If it is you should have no issues with the air bag lights.
If it's an aftermarket steering wheel with no airbag you can put resistors in the wiring circuit to trick it.

PH1 V6
Thanks mate,
It's the RenaultSport wheel from Ktec so no airbag.
Any idea on what resistors are needed and where to get them from?
Thanks.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Resistors from Maplins buddy but as @Austin-182 says there is loads of guides to follow.

You can have it done properly if you know a mechanic with Renaul Clip - try Mick at Diamond Motors.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Two 3.3 ohms resistors from Maplins mate as per the photos below:
image.png
image.png

@moktabe

PH1 V6
Apologies for asking this when, if I'd taken the time to look, there is a great post in the stickies as Austin - 182 and mossyv6 pointed out!

Anyhow, grovelling over :tongueout: