ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to CS, my 182 - 6 months on!

My first post (not sure if I'm posting correctly!) being a proud owner of my 182 full fat!
Only modification is a stainless no branded eBay exhaust I fitted recently after the stock was rusting everywhere, quite pleased with it as I was worried I would have regret not getting a branded one, but no, looks stock yet sounds much deeper and sportier!
I am considering refreshing the front suspension as I've read quite a few people do this and it makes a world of difference, ktec seems to be selling genuine 182 cup shocks for 60 quid a pair and was wondering if this is worth it. (Currently just reached 70k miles) If so, is there anything else that needs refreshing at the same time as replacing these?
I've also looked into getting powerflex dogbone bushes as they seem to be raved about on here! Seems to be hit and miss whether it causes your car to become an earthquake on wheels or have no noticeable effect at all!?

Also last week I lost 2nd gear for about 2 weeks where the stick just would not enter second ~80% of the time, was considering buying a new gearbox assuming 2nd gear had been ragged away and replacing it myself and was pricing everything up but last week went for a back road blast and it audibly crunched into second then after that it works perfectly fine! :hushed: any ideas haha?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I would pm Adam at @Renault Wolverhampton for a price on the shocks, ktec are £60 each and I think he might be able to do better.
Car looks lovely mate, very clean. Exhaust looks good too. Good buy by the looks of it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very nice indeed, as the doctor says about with regards to the shocks and dogbone.

Two things cause vibration when fitting, a) all the other engine mounts being worn b) bolting it back up without pulling the engine 'forward' iirc.

But seriously, I fitted one to my ph1 and after a month I'd forgotten I'd even done it, and was never reminded by vibrations.

I would pm Adam at @Renault Wolverhampton for a price on the shocks, ktec are £60 each and I think he might be able to do better.
Car looks lovely mate, very clean. Exhaust looks good too. Good buy by the looks of it.

Adam (Renault Wolverhampton) do them for £36 each.
Oh brilliant thank you both very much! :grinning:
Gorg mate. Just like.mine. love titanium. My dogbone didnt increas vibrations at all.

Very nice indeed, as the doctor says about with regards to the shocks and dogbone.

Two things cause vibration when fitting, a) all the other engine mounts being worn b) bolting it back up without pulling the engine 'forward' iirc.

But seriously, I fitted one to my ph1 and after a month I'd forgotten I'd even done it, and was never reminded by vibrations.

Thank you both, think you've convinced me! I'll look more into that engine position I'm sure a few have made a thorough guide somewhere on here!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
had my powerflex dogbone fitted and yes it vibrated bad for the 1st 5 mins as just been fitted,now hardly notice it.gearbox feels so much tighter

Merc A Class
Welcome mate, new here myself. Ive also just lost a gear (first gear) as it keep selecting reverse so im told it could be a gear linkage come loose. It going to my mate garage later so I'll let you know what he says as it might help you out too :)

Welcome mate, new here myself. Ive also just lost a gear (first gear) as it keep selecting reverse so im told it could be a gear linkage come loose. It going to my mate garage later so I'll let you know what he says as it might help you out too :smile:
That does sound like something that could be fixed from under the car, I had a look and played with the gear linkages while under and it had noting to do with that and it was originating from the gearbox :confused: Hope you get it sorted! Would like to hear the outcome!

Clio Sport 197
I also lost 2nd, pulled off my drive, 2nd wouldn't engage, went for a blast, gave it a try and went straight in.
Left for work this morning, 2nd once again wont engage. It feels and sounds like trying to put in gear without a clutch except the clutch is new and every other gear is fine! so frustrating, priced up a gearbox recondition and new 3 piece clutch, £300 (as I work at euro car parts) ;)