ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to CS, Now a 172 Track car owner.

Van
Recently joined since buying a 172cup as a back up track car, Found right from the off a lot of useful information so should be around for a while.

Its pretty standard, bar a K-tek stealth and some braided lines, and since purchase / photo has been stripped out with just 1x Sabelt fiberglass seat and a harness fitted.

IMG_8884_zpse5586284.jpg

Also bought the 15's off an Exclusive in my local breakers and fitted some used 888's

image_zps9836a10b.jpg

Thats about it. It's not going on the road again, which is a little sad at 69k with lots of test left, but decided i wanted something i could just drive onto the trailer and enjoy. My other track toy will always have priority, but since a recent rebuild that's rather temperamental now, so the Clio can take its place when its not available.

Castle combe booked for the end of this month, so I shall start a build thread when thats out of the way as it will no doubt be requiring some changes.

Van
Thanks, I wasn't too clued up on the Cup so it was a bit of a fluke really. Went to look at a few normal Sport's before buying this so it was a good job they were all dog's.

Other car is a Vauxhall Nova.

image6_zpsa4510a13.jpg

image1_zpscd2deaa7.jpg

image_zps838a587a.jpg

image4_zpse72f18bc.jpg

Van
Yeah I know Chip relatively well. And thanks, it took 20 months to build up from a bare shell

Brief spec would be... High compression, Dry sumped, TB'd 2.0 on a 5sp Quaife SCCR with Gripper plate diff. Fully rose jointed, fiberglass panelled. Lots more but have never really sat down and done a proper spec list as it would take ages. Easier to just say that like Chip's its no ordinary Nova.

Hopefully the Clio wont go down the same route as it's meant to be the polar opposite.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Nice spec. Thought you may know him through the Novas

You don't need to with the Cup if wanting a cheap fun track toy. With some relatively cheap minor additions you'll make some nice little improvements to make it a bit more track focused

Van
Thanks, the Cup isn't pretty, but that's part of the fun. I welded up a proper rear brace / harness bar into it yesterday and started servicing the front corners. Should be good to go next week so Il get a Go-Pro suction mount (no cage yet) and we'll see what's what.

image_zps7da7a46c.jpg

Nova's engine is now in bit's and it's covered in dust, but will most likely feature in my future build thread on here regularly.