ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to forum. advice on mods to car

Clio Sport 182
Hey guys. just a bit of advice really. i have a clio 182 and was wondering on your advice on where to start in terms of modifying it. It currently has a pirtek exhaust and and an air induction kit but apart from that its pretty standard.
It already has got enough power for now so was just wondering the best way to improve it in terms of handling? Have a fairly limited budget. help and advice would be much appreciated.

107 Track Car & C4
Welcome to the forum.

What is your budget? If it is about £500, I'd be saying either Eibach Sportline or Cooksport springs and a Whiteline Rear ARB.

Clio Sport 182
Welcome to the forum.

What is your budget? If it is about £500, I'd be saying either Eibach Sportline or Cooksport springs and a Whiteline Rear ARB.

Yeah that should be affordable. looked at cooksport on their website. I'll have a look at Eibach too cheers buddy.

107 Track Car & C4
I've got Eibach's, but alot of people seem to be swaying over to the Cooksports now. I may even go to them myself.

The Whiteline ARB is a very good upgrade IMO.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Check all the track rods and rod ends and top mounts and wishbone bushes etc for play.
Get all of that back to as per new if it isnt currently.
Then a set of cooksport springs, and if required some new shocks

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've got Eibach's, but alot of people seem to be swaying over to the Cooksports now. I may even go to them myself.

The Whiteline ARB is a very good upgrade IMO.

Eibachs are very good, we had them on for a couple of years with no complaints at all, but having done the swap I do prefer the cooksports now, they feel a fair amount firmer on track, but still drive almost as nicely no the road.

Phase1 172
It's a very capable as it stands dude , maybe drive it a bit and decide from there , I'm new to a clio and before I commit to suspension I'm gonna learn how to drive it in standard form , figure out with my driving style which way to go in terms of modifying .... Just a thought .

RB Clio 182
It's a very capable as it stands dude , maybe drive it a bit and decide from there , I'm new to a clio and before I commit to suspension I'm gonna learn how to drive it in standard form , figure out with my driving style which way to go in terms of modifying .... Just a thought .

Nice comment.

Clio Sport 182
Yeah I have had mine since August. For what it is it runs so well and the handling is already pretty good. just dont want to purely focus on under the bonnet.