ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new to ICE neeed advice..

clio 2002 1.2
thinking of getting these ... GT5-963-6x9 JBL 6 x 9's

and have the sony bt 2500 head unit on the way (bad choice pf HU ?!?! should have got pioneer or alpine?!)......

but i want to know how to wire them up...what wire i neeed etc...

and can i wire them up without using an amp.. and just go staright to the HU whilst still using all standard clio dynamique speakers?! as i dont want to have to replace alll door speakers if i can get around it... or would this sounds s**t?

i'm not looking for an amazing sound system as i dont have the money to spend! :/

oh and can i only use the clio release clips to take out standard HU or is there another way!?!? dont want to have to buyy them!?!

cheers!! appreciate the help if can!! :)

Monaco 172
everyone has to start somewhere! not sure about any 6x9s. but im not pro at all.

as for gettin HU out, you can use a knitting needle, or a screwdriver (two of) and unclip it then pull it out one side at a time. if that makes any sense

ValverInBits
doesent it require 4 very small pokers (like a knitting kneedle or a small screw driver.
I think thats what my MK2 ph1 was like.

ValverInBits
people normally unhook the rear speakers to wire up 6x9s
I cant stand 6x9s myself but thats how it's done.

The Front speakers will then be taking as much load as the 6x9s and probably blow depending how hard you push them.
Will it sound S**t? Well it depends where your standards are. It wont sound any better than standard, maybe louder in the back. 6x9s point upwards if you mount them on the shelf and that just seems all wrong to me.

Consider paying £50 for some 13cm components in the front and £50 for some full range in the back. Infinity reference for example, i think they are in that price bracket.
Amps enhance the sound again. The amp in HUs are fairly poor TBH

clio 2002 1.2
ahh ok cheerss...that does make sense...

i was conssideringg going for the pioneer renalut ones..cant remeber the model number but they are specifically made for clios

know if they are any good?

they are about 60 for tweaters as well as front door speakers.. 13cm

cheers

A well built VW
That HU is not that bad actually i got one from ebay for the fb for around £80 delivered and its not bad for the money

Just upgrade the 13cm ones you have in the car no need for 6x9s plus the 13cms ones wont be on display for some pickey to take a shine too... When it comes time to sell also easy to remove and take to your next car 6x9's means your gonna have to cut the shelf

clio 2002 1.2
yeh i think thats what i will do now..cheers
just hope someone outbids on ebay for the 6x9's now......sure they will ....my max price is low! ahah :p

Works...kind of...
6x9's are pap and would rather use standard speakers.

Decent coaxils for the back, decent components for the front.

ValverInBits

i was conssideringg going for the pioneer renalut ones..cant remeber the model number but they are specifically made for clios

cheers

If your buying from renault, they see themselves (like all dealers) as if they are in a no competition market. You always get ripped.
When there is soo much choice out there, on websites like car audio security and car audio direct why go for renault?
I say Infinity reference is what you want
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/infinity-reference-5022i-p-5899.html

and get the component set for the front

A well built VW

cheers

If your buying from renault, they see themselves (like all dealers) as if they are in a no competition market. You always get ripped.
When there is soo much choice out there, on websites like car audio security and car audio direct why go for renault?
I say Infinity reference is what you want
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/infinity-reference-5022i-p-5899.html

and get the component set for the front

He means these speakers http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4826.html

Straight replacement no needs to cut wires etc very opular on the megane owners club

Clio 1.2 16v
only thing with the sony headunit is that it has no rca outs, so unless your amazing at wiring it makes it very very hard to connect an amp at a later date. I had a pioneer HU, and ended up selling it as it looked out of place and didnt even have my music loud! anyways good luck on your quest but i have gone back to standard

"Navy" N17 TWO
How did you fair out with dodging the 6x9s? :)

As said above get some Components in the front. Leave the standard rears in - save a few quid to decide wether you want to upgrade your HU, wiring kit or add an amp first for the front end ;)