ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to the forum : Yotah1

Twingo 2 RS Cup
Hi everyone!

My name's Anthony, aka Yotah1 on the web. I discovered the forum while searching for infos and tips about the Clios and their engines mainly. A shame that for a french car, the best forums are not french, but the community is bigger and stronger and way more active in UK, so I decided to virtually jump the canal and join you.

I'm french, living currently in Germany, but spent a few months in UK (Warwick to be exact) working as a car designer for Land Rover last "summer" (yeah, "summer" because coming from south of France, that was a bit of a shock to spend these months mostly under the rain :D ).

I do NOT own a CLio, yep I see you coming "what the hell are you doin' here then?" :eek:
My brother has one, not an RS however. But i own an RS, a Twingo RS with Cup chassis to be exact. It's nice, small, agile, and shares many components with the Mk2 Clio RS, so in a certain way, I "have" a Clio :)

I mainly use it for the track as I live close to the Nurburgring, so my little nice daily car is turning into a not so nice track car, that I still use on a daily basis, making all my colleagues think I'm completely insane. Yep they like to have leather seats and air con when they drive, so they don't really understand my choices :D

So the real reason I came here is because I'm not planning to buy a CLio RS, even though they're really cool, but lots of people have one, it's not extremely exclusive (a bit more in France though), but what interests me more is the engines :)
I was planning to upgrade my Twingo RS with the R2 kit, but it costs a hell lot of money, and needs too much work, for only 160hp, with servicing too often. And a good friend (who sold me the Twingo, and is often at the track like me), mentionned that a Clio 2 RS would fit, with its gearbox and all, and using a Motec ECU and programming, I wouldn't even have to change all the electric system in my car.
As I'm not deaf, and always on the lookout for some new "stupid" ideas, I decided to give it a go next winter, with an engine swap, to get a bit more than 180hp in my little rocket.

I post you some photos of the car in its current state, little done so far (wheels and semi-slicks, bucket seats (still waiting for a part to finally install mine, currently only my passengers enjoy it), brake pads, and to come is complete inox exhaust system end of this month, and induction, strut brace for the rear and some carbon elements for the interior mainly).

_2957093.jpg

_2957441.jpg

DSC_0781.jpg

IMG_4206_d.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
A nice introduction there, welcome to the club mate. There's plenty of members on here with a crazy amount of technical know how to help you out with anything you choose to do.

Twingo 2 RS Cup
Nice to see that the forum is full of life! Thanks for the welcome!
And for the know-how, I will definitely need when I'll be looking for my next engine, and gearbox, and there's a list of other components I will have to change and that needs to actually be listed !!

lovely spec of car and welcome. car looks great, i remember running the UKs first RS Twingo round france in 2009, I love them.

you'll be more than welcome on here :)