ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to the group,can anyone give advice

Clio Sport 172
Hello everyone, has anyone had similar issues? On acceleration our 172 hits 5,500 revs and bounces off like its hitting the rev limiter.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome. It is always a pleasure when a new member has good command of the queen's English, it doesn't make me feel as old as all that Facebook twaddle.
P. S. I can't help with your problem but try posting in the engine forum and you may have more luck👍.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Brilliant, thank you Porl.
Sounds like the engine is t fully up to temperature.
Ignore the temperature gauge, they take a good 20-30 minutes to get hot enough for the ECU to allow it to rev to the redline.

Cold limit is 6800 rpm iirc not 5500 so I don’t think that’s the issue.

Does it rev completely normally (I.e. freely & normal amount of power/torque) up until 5500?

Clio Sport 172
Sounds like the engine is t fully up to temperature.
Ignore the temperature gauge, they take a good 20-30 minutes to get hot enough for the ECU to allow it to rev to the redline.
We had the issue all day at Oulton Park the other week, someone mentioned a faulty themostat, not showing on the temp gauge as overheating, but the ECU sensing an issue so kicking an earlier limit in maybe?