ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to the site

172 cup
Hello peeps the names chris.

new to the site and havent got a clio yet but am going to view a cup friday evening, hpi checked it and its come back clear.

is there anything in particular to look out for when viewing? are there any common problems they suffer from?

any help or advise would be much appreciated

cheers

chris

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hi

good choice ;)

nothing major imo, the stering wheels can look tatty from around 30k, but that is to do with cheap materials rather than it being ragged, so dont worry if it looks tatty. Aux belts should be done at 36k . Cheap @ about £18 for the part, and mins to change on the cup as no aircon.... If this belt is not replaced around that time, they can fail, and it has been known to take out the cambelt!!!!!!! (ouch)

should look like this (mine, lowered though)
(they do make a very limited no. of silver ones too!)

DSC00882.jpg

also when under the bonnet check for warning stickers on the black grill.... if they are missing the grill/bumper may have been replaced.......

not mine but here are the stickers

winterclean003.gif

Cups should have the little sickers on the doors (above the handles) and the little black splitter under the front bumper (sometimes missing) over £100 new from renault if you wanted one!!!

Last edited:
  SUBARU
Welcome to the site, I've only just joined as well. Just bought myself a 182 cup and am loving it so far!

As my car is a cup should it have any cup logos on the outside or is this only so for the 172? If it should it looks like mine have gone walkies...:dapprove:

Black/Gold 182
^ is it really a cup or does it just have cup packs? I think real cups are only in blue or "baked bean" + have cloth interior. I *think* they have "Cup" written on the back but can't remember for sure.

SUBARU
Yes it's a cup. It has the cloth interior and doesn't have that climate control thing in the centre console. There's no cup badges on the back though or on the doors.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Welcome to the site, I've only just joined as well. Just bought myself a 182 cup and am loving it so far!

As my car is a cup should it have any cup logos on the outside or is this only so for the 172? If it should it looks like mine have gone walkies...:dapprove:

yes yours (182's) should have these, in this 'joined up' font (different to the 172 version) but i remember alot of new cups coming without. There should just be the two above the door handles, not any on the boot

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...9QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10410QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

172 cup
cheers forthe welcome guys..

didnt go for the cup i was gonna view in the end as i really need to get my car shifted off the drive first!

hopefully ill haveone by the end of Jan :D