ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New torque wrench

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My screwfix torque wrench has a pretty inaccurate setting gauge thingy on it so is in need of replacement, I've done a search which looks like I wont go far wrong with a Halfords 1/2" advanced. Before I buy one has opinion changed and any idea how I can get a discount card?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I have a Sykes Pickavant Motorq one that will do 60-340nm and then a couple of smaller Halfords ones. The Halfords ones are good bits of kit but they're pricey in terms of what other ones sell for. I paid £60 for my Sykes one a few years back, the bloody Halfords ones start at like £80 for a tidgey one

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I have a big norbar one and then a smaller halfords advanced. Norbar make them for halfords just use an older version.

Clio Sport
I applied for a trade card online and took my City & Guilds certificate down to the shop,the assistant just put down I have my own business and gave me the card,if you work in an eligible trade you take your wage slips down.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Or if you know someone decent who works for one. I got mine as I fix cars for club members....well...that's what he told me to say. Its come in useful over the years.