ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Toy: LensBaby (TiltShift)

1.8 Civic EX
So some of you may have noticed me mention the Lens Baby in a few threads on here, I've had mine for a while but never had the chance to try it out properly untill yesterday. Still coming to grips with it at the moment but I think it's great. Can't wait till I've got the hang of it so can start being a bit more creative...

All of these pics are 100% untouched without any Post processing...

A quick test shot when I got it of the box..

_1290033.jpg

then Some from Brighton I took yesterday.....I only took the Lesbaby with me, left the other lens at home so i was forced to use it all day. These are my favs...

_2210083.jpg

_2210091.jpg

_2210105.jpg

_2210141.jpg

_2210183.jpg

_2210185.jpg

_2210177.jpg

It's actually quite tricky to get the hang of as it's all manual work focus wise wtc. even changing the aperature is manual, you have to take the aperature "ring" out og the lens and replace it with another. All the above were taken with the F4 ring in place..

more info on the lens here.....the one i have is the Composer

www.lensbaby.co.uk

C&C welcome :)

Yours seems to be more of a ring effect in the middle, to me that doesn't look as good as the letter box style of other tiltshifts

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
It makes my head hurt!

I like the last one though :) I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with the lens, what body did you have the lens bolted to?

Good start with it, I'm sure it will take some getting used to but looks like a fun thing to play around with.

I think the simpler photos work best, the last one with the boat is brilliant, just has the right 'feel' to it, where as some of the others seem a little forced.

1.8 Civic EX
i'm thinking i should have used a different aperature ring...like the 5.6 or something as that mkes the sweet spot bigger so less of an effect but it mave calmed some of the shots downs a bit...

it's one the olympus e400 body btw...

Interesting, think I prefer the ones made with the tiltshift freeware, but thats probably just me!!

1.8 Civic EX
I don't think i'm that impressed, couldn't you just add a blur in photoshop?

yeah but that's cheating....;)

it's much more rewarding/challenging to get a good picture straight from the camera as you took it...

anyone can take a half decent pic and make it better with photo editing tools

yeah but that's cheating....;)

it's much more rewarding/challenging to get a good picture straight from the camera as you took it...

anyone can take a half decent pic and make it better with photo editing tools

Absolutely, not sure about anyone else but 95% of the enjoyment I get out of photography is actually taking the photos. We're all doing it for fun (I assume) so may as well make the actual picture taking part of it as enjoyable as possible.

Would love a Lensbaby at some point, may have to wait till Christmas though.