ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new toy...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
got a sb900 today, and have to say... its a HUGE improvement over the 800!

i love the 800 but the 900 is a massive step up! the menu system is EASY to use, the 800 is well known for being a complete c**k! to use! the 900 is very easy to main menu button does most things but the command dial etc has all the shortcuts there easy to use!

the 800 to control slave flashes through it was very hard and pretty much always required getting a manual out, the 900 i didnt even look at the manual and worked it all out!

its got things like the coloured gels you get with it, have magnetic stickers on it, the gel clips in to a holder and you clip that on the flash, the magnetic stickers send a signal to the flash which tells it which gel it is, so that it can tune itself to the gel! its all very smart!

i have a shoot tomorrow for a friend who is a makeup artist will take some pics and post them on here if she is cool with it!

Not a flash person myself but I read a very gushing review of this recently (by a Canon user) who said that the SB-900 would convert him in a second, because nothing in any of the other DSLR ranges comes anywhere close.

Almost made me want one, until I looked at the price...and considered I've never used my on-board flash let alone a stand-alone one!

vers le haut doigt milieu
nice one mate, I got to play with the 39 mega pixel CFII-39 back for the hasselblad yesterday. Post some pictures when u get them of your shoot (sorry about last time, much respect and no hard feelings)