ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Track Toy

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
I want to get into some trackdays. I wanted something cheap and cheerfull to begin with so if it gets damaged it doesn't really matter.

£1300 later i got this little gem. Its been chipped and revs to 8000rmp, just has all new bushes, bearing and breaks.

Im going to strip it out and do a couple of weight saving mods but i think it should be perfect for the job :top:

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
So good you should start another thread ;)

I'd just strip it, drive it, see where it's weaknesses are. Too many ppl on here start throwing money at a track car before knowing what/where they need to spend their money.

Focus ST-2
Quality find! Me and my dad have got a Saxo for this, just testing the water with a view to something a bit quicker!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Looks goods, and a bargain. As said 8k Rev limiter is a bit OTT though, 7.2k is enough.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
wish i had the spare dough to go full on PH1 Track car!

Its not that massivly expensive.

Just find a car, Nothing too fancey.

Im a total novice so a standard car will do me fine. Take the weigh out of it and then add the bits it needs as your skill gets better and requires it. :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
People seem to be snapping up PH-1's as track toys recently...

8K ouch :eek: no need at all!!!

The only reason you should need to go anywhere near that type of RPM on track is if there's a straight where you would usually either hit the limiter of have to change up a gear and then change back down straight after. So with the rised limiter you could just stay in the gear.

I wouldnt change at 8,000rpm al the time as the engine would not be too happy.

340i
The only reason you should need to go anywhere near that type of RPM on track is if there's a straight where you would usually either hit the limiter of have to change up a gear and then change back down straight after. So with the rised limiter you could just stay in the gear.

I wouldnt change at 8,000rpm al the time as the engine would not be too happy.

Thanks for the erm, lesson LOL :coffee:

I still wouldn't take a standard F4R to 8,000rpm.. simples

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Why are people getting so upset over an 8k limmit.

If theres power all the way to the limmiter why not use it.

If the engine dies, I'll fit a new one.