ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New TV time what to get?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Gave my dad my4 yr old panny 37 plasma.
So should I stay panny plasma but go for 42 or 50?
Which models are the ones to have, costs & wheres bests to get from would be good :)
Not interested in LCD.
LED a possibility but still prefer Plasma.
Not thinking of 3D just yet as wearing glasses is just wrong, the technology is just round corner to do without glasses.

Budget £6-700 cheaper would be good ;)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
richersounds is a damn good place to look. i have a panasonic 50" plasma i got 2 years ago. was £1100 or so then but its about £600 ish now due to newer tvs and 3d.

its has better picture quality than my dads led tv and my mates £2000 lg 3D. in my opinion you should buy Pioneer and if you can afford or dont want to spend that much then panasonic is the next best thing

182 Trophy #333
im a big fan of samsung! i think last time i had a look on ebuyer.com there was a 40ish inch one, 100hz, really good contrast ratio and 3D capable/ready, going for about £640 if i remember rightly!

dont use this company there f**king s**te
Constructive.

Every time I've been to RS, they've known exactly what I'm talking about. Unlike places like Currys/Comet which have spotty part-timers who don't know the difference between 1080i and 1080p, let alone answer any serious questions about their TVs.

JohnLewis and RS are the best sellers in my experience for support and knowledge.

182 ff
promised delivery of televison for 2 weeks nothing rang them up and demanded a full refund thus took 4 days to return

RGB direct on the other hand have been faultless to me , just my experience

mark

182 ff
Constructive.

Every time I've been to RS, they've known exactly what I'm talking about. Unlike places like Currys/Comet which have spotty part-timers who don't know the difference between 1080i and 1080p, let alone answer any serious questions about their TVs.

JohnLewis and RS are the best sellers in my experience for support and knowledge.

constructive - no simply because when buying something you should do your OWN homework rather than relying on on a salemen in a tv shop !!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
So there is nothing actually wrong with them then. You just don't like them.

182 ff
well telling you ur tv will be with you within 2 days and not actually sending out etc , google them im not the only one who doesnt rate them

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I don't mind them, but don't rate them either.

Local shop were alright when I bought some bits off them a year or 2 ago, but nothing special and not more so than the local panasonic store where we got the tv from.

constructive - no simply because when buying something you should do your OWN homework rather than relying on on a salemen in a tv shop !!
I do my own homework first, then ask the same questions in store. I have confidence in my local RS due to their knowledge and ability to come up with the same answers I already know.

Unlike other highstreet stores, where I've point blank told the staff they are wrong.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Glad to hear you got the Panny, in my experience Panasonic make the best Plasma's just now. LG used to be shockingly bad but they have got a bit better recently. Still wouldn't buy one though.