ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New TV time!

vers le haut doigt milieu
Sony make better quality monitors and have a huge rep in the broadcast industry, however I have a Samsung at home and I have no regrets, the price is the same, there both good, the sony has better rep but the choice is completely yours.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Are they good then lol, i have no idea what i need to be looking for? Just liking the warranty and sony don't make "bad" products.

All the samsungs we have at work, 42"+ though seam to ghost alot, but there probably plasma?

vers le haut doigt milieu
oh yeah sorry, forgot to give advise!doh! more then likely a plasma at ur work. Samsung have been the leaders in tft design since the middle ages with loads of companies buying the design off them, but Sony are much better at matching picture quality. I recommend the one that comes with the extended warranty as if anything breaks it will cost allot to replace. Sony don't make "bad" products when it comes to AV as they have been the leaders in high end broadcast technology since the dawn of time so all the latest information has been passed onto consumer products.

I have 2 Samsung TV's (LCD and Plasma) and both are cracking picture.

The Samsung you've shown is the 4 series, where as the high street stores are now selling the 7 series.

I'd go for the Sony out of those two.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
My sister went through 3 42" Samsung LCD Monitors (all with dead and stuck pixels) before she finally switched to plasma.

Hate samsung.. stick with the good brands.. Panasonic/Pioneer/Sony etc.

tiTTy & SV650
sony 32" LCD Bravia for £329.99 recently at Comet

and John Lewis will give you 5 year warranty and price match

My dad has a samsung 32" and I don't rate the picture, ghosts when watching sports or fast moving things

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just been out looking, the sony tvs look like they where made in the 80s

a thirsty one
i have just changed my tele and while at currys i saw they have the sony bravia 32 inch with the home cinema system for £400 i think.

ended up getting an LG 37" i dont really know much about tv's but its 100hz, 1080p and with a 50,000-1 contrast ratio (added home cinema as well) if i was in market for a 32 i would get the sony, its a brand i trust and used in past and very impressed.

3 x Renaults + Lexus
I would wait 1-2 weeks and get the new Sharp 1080 range coming out not really worth getting a 720 screen at the mo... But it will cost more

PS Sony dont make the best home TV's anymore and have not for some time

dk

911 GTS Cab
I would wait 1-2 weeks and get the new Sharp 1080 range coming out not really worth getting a 720 screen at the mo... But it will cost more

PS Sony dont make the best home TV's anymore and have not for some time
ok, who does then?

Sony make some cheap TV's these days but they also make some bloody good top of the range tv's!

Be sure not to compare a samsung to a low end sony, sony are just addressing the market by introducing cheaper tv's which is why theya re so accessible these days but all the best tecjnology is reserved for the top line models.

Sony's 70" LCD is soemthing to behold, an amazing picture for the size of TV!

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Pioneer make the best screen by a long way but they only make Plasma screens.

My opinon is based upon the fact its my job to install High End AV. So I see most of the kit around.

I just intstallled 2 x 52" 1080 Sony screens for a client side my side but they are for presentations and for TV/DVD Pioneer is the best. You cant go worng with Samsung/Panasonics latest screens for domestic use Sharp make some very good LCD's also. Harking back to CRT days had the best screens by a mile were Sony but with LCD/Plasma they are no longer the king.

But saying what is the best screen is a loaded question becuase it depends on the application/budget/source and viewers own opinion of what they think looks good, and of course LCD or Plasma...

Fabia vRS
Pioneer make the best screen by a long way but they only make Plasma screens.

My opinon is based upon the fact its my job to install High End AV. So I see most of the kit around.

I just intstallled 2 x 52" 1080 Sony screens for a client side my side but they are for presentations and for TV/DVD Pioneer is the best. You cant go worng with Samsung/Panasonics latest screens for domestic use Sharp make some very good LCD's also. Harking back to CRT days had the best screens by a mile were Sony but with LCD/Plasma they are no longer the king.

But saying what is the best screen is a loaded question becuase it depends on the application/budget/source and viewers own opinion of what they think looks good, and of course LCD or Plasma...

pioneer now do kuro lcd's.

Mito Sportiva 135
Sony. Samsungs and Sony share many of the same components but Sony have some which are slightly better and their own patented technology. If they are roughly the same price then definitely go for the Sony, going to get our third Bravia this Christmas :D