ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new TYC headlights, busted connector, need advice.

Clio II dci
While connecting the left side headlight socket the right most connector (the black cable belonging to the position lamp) went inside the headlight and i cannot put it back in it's position, headlight can't be disassembled nor i have enough space to fit that connector in, not even the wire itself, tried for a couple of days already.

I'm considering cutting the opposite connector coming from the car eletrical and joining both wires using heat-shrink.
I wanted to avoid messing with the car's eletrical itself but i think i'm out of options if i want the lights to come on at the same time, i thought of running them directly to the battery and only cut the wires inside the headlight but the problem with that is that i'd have to have a switch for on/off different from the default switch which i do not want.

So, any ideas before i strip the wire? I'm assuming that connector is just that, a connector and there's no fuse there/etc which would make this a stupid move.

Please any advice, i'm busting my head because i was all afternoon trying to put the connector in it's place with no luck and i also need the car with a front bumper lol.

Thanks, it's a ph2 2004 dci.

PH2 172
While connecting the left side headlight socket the right most connector (the black cable belonging to the position lamp) went inside the headlight and i cannot put it back in it's position, headlight can't be disassembled nor i have enough space to fit that connector in, not even the wire itself, tried for a couple of days already.

I'm considering cutting the opposite connector coming from the car eletrical and joining both wires using heat-shrink.
I wanted to avoid messing with the car's eletrical itself but i think i'm out of options if i want the lights to come on at the same time, i thought of running them directly to the battery and only cut the wires inside the headlight but the problem with that is that i'd have to have a switch for on/off different from the default switch which i do not want.

So, any ideas before i strip the wire? I'm assuming that connector is just that, a connector and there's no fuse there/etc which would make this a stupid move.

Please any advice, i'm busting my head because i was all afternoon trying to put the connector in it's place with no luck and i also need the car with a front bumper lol.

Thanks, it's a ph2 2004 dci.

What?

If it`s faulty, send it back.

Did it come from Autodoc?

71AjH8js1JL__SL1500_.jpg

PH2 172
two months ago from Autodoc, how did you know? :D

I`m keeping my cards close to my chest.?

Email them at the address on your emailed Invoice explaining the problem & point out that you have only just got around to fitting them, and see how they respond.

In the mean time, put the old unit back on.

Clio II dci
I`m keeping my cards close to my chest.?

Email them at the address on your emailed Invoice explaining the problem & point out that you have only just got around to fitting them, and see how they respond.

In the mean time, put the old unit back on.

I made package insurance (what they call it) , i'll get at least my money back, they won't resend one but i will after, thanks for the help and making me realize this crappy chinese knock offs isn't worth messing with the car's eletrical itself.

Still bothersome to refit and then remove the bumper again ;(

Clio II dci
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/services/terms-conditions

It`s a shame you have taken 2 months to get round to attempting to fit the light.

I`m not knocking them, I have bought good quality OE manufacturer products from them at very competitive prices, with acceptable delivery times and am still

smiling about the savings.

Are you saying that i can't do anything about it now 2 months latter?

By using the additional option "Safe Order", You can extend the opportunities of the standard Right of Cancellation. If you make a small payment in the amount of £ 3,95 / order, we are offering you a full refund and free return shippment without stating the reason within first 200 days.

Let's see the reply tomorrow :)

Up to date i also received good packages except for one a month ago that got refunded, i'll post back with the result.

I had no time up until now to remove the bumper & the headlights, i needed a full day off-work in case something went wrong (never removed the bumper before)

Thanks for the help.

PH2 172
Removing the bumper for the 1st time since the car was built is always going to provide entertainment.

Clio II dci
Removing the bumper for the 1st time since the car was built is always going to provide entertainment.

For real, too much plastic, i ripped the left side top screw hole because i didn't know i had to remove the wheel pit and just forced it, both sides, well i just hope the bumper holds good this winter or the new headlight comes first to see if i can make sometype of proper fix.