ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Tyres Questions

BMW 320ci
I've searched and looked at the other threads and the poll but I'm still unsure what to go for.

I'm after some new 205/40/17 and went to a known good tyre shop the other day where I was told that the paradas and the toyo proxes ain't too good for the weather we're having atm (the bloke there drives a BMW and has had all types fitted including the paradas and proxes). He told me the Nexen N6000 are good for wet and dry and that he'll be fitting a set on his car soon.

I've looked at some reviews of the Nexen N6000s and the reviews ain't brilliant and 1 person even wrote that these tyres caused him an accident so now I'm unsure.

It's only a 1.2 but I do quite a bit of motorway driving and a fair few miles, looking to spend between £270-£350 and the cars lowered on coilies btw.

What would people recommend?

Cheers in advance.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Never heard of Nexen, if they were that good why aren't they on his car already, sounds like salesman talk to me. Stick with a well known brand IMO

BMW 320ci
Never heard of Nexen, if they were that good why aren't they on his car already, sounds like salesman talk to me. Stick with a well known brand IMO

He's not a salesman plus the Nexens are £20 cheaper a wheel then the tyres I asked a quote for (paradas and proxes).

If anyone from Essex knows I went to Carlton Tyres at Cherry Tree.

Renaultsport Clio 197
Hi DMH
Dont buy the nexens I had them on my meg 225 throphy they are rubbish in the wet and barely passable in the dry. The wear rate on them is frightening to. In total rubbish tyre not worth the money pay a bit more get a far better and safer tyre.

BMW 320ci
Hi DMH
Dont buy the nexens I had them on my meg 225 throphy they are rubbish in the wet and barely passable in the dry. The wear rate on them is frightening to. In total rubbish tyre not worth the money pay a bit more get a far better and safer tyre.

Cheers for that mate, after the reviews I read about them I was staying clear anyway.

Anyone recommend what I should get?

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
i have toyo proxes and they seem fine in this weather, I drive about 70 miles of motorway a day and another 10-15 of A - B roads. They seem to have a reasonable wear rate aswell

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Hankook v12 evo. Done. Cheap, grippy, just cracking tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk