ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Tyres : Whats Best

Need to replace my two front tyres.

Currently have Toyo Proxies 205/40/17

Do a lot of miles so I need something that doesnt wear too quickly.

Are the Toyos the best or should I get something different??

Thanks

Rik

Lionel Richie

toyoyoyoyos are cheap and not too bad, ive just gone back too them, need to get them fitted before i get done for driving on slicks!!!!

Im a pikey student, and i aint paying £100 per corner for rubber!!!!

£65 each from my tyres

Skoda Fabia vRS

how much are those ?

i can recommend Uniroyal Rainsport 1s and Yokohama AVS Sport

got both on mine at present and there both good

In that size any well known brand is going to be expensive, on my last motor I had falkens in that size and they were good price and performance wise. Stay away from Khumo if anyone offers them - they last a million miles but are like concrete and with winter coming up spending that little bit extra may be worth it to stay out of the ditch!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

for that size get yourself to your local Motor World mate

we have got some crackin prices on tyres at the moment, especially on Yokohamas

yokohama avs and try r-tec best prices and fantastic mail order they were half the price of motor world and over twenty notes cheaper than nearest rivals

Id recommend against Toyos now the weather tends to be raining/snowing.. my experience with them and a damp road is that they dont work.

ive got avons (came with the car) and theyre awful in the rain - alright in the dry though. wouldnt recommend them for winter use

Do Motor World have a web site??? and do they fit tyres??

Also if I got the tyres using mail order, who would fit them for me?, some companies can be funny if you dont buy the parts from them.

Rik

Skoda Fabia vRS

you must have a local place that will bang em on, thats what i do

they do have a website but your best off ringing your most local store that way you save on delivery charges

last time i checked, Yoko AVS Sport in 195/45/15 were £50 each, even MyTyres charge £90 for those !!!

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

just take em round to Kwik fit if youre stuck, they shouldnt fit em really, unless you buy em there, but in the past ive always paid £20 for fitting 4 with new valves. I usually wait till after 5 so theres less chance of anyone important being about, Id watch em while they fit them, not sit in a waiting area as 90% are chimps.

And Toyos + rain = sh*te, simple.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by rik_trendell on 05 November 2003

The best price I can get is £79 (all in) for Uniroyal Rainsport (205/40/17).

Is that a good price??

rik
ill find out tomorrow mate for you what we can do em for...

michelin primacy,dont bother with any thing else,ive had my 172 for 18 months im on my 4th set of tyres they have been the best and i will buy them again

have used

1. bridgestone s02s

2. yoko avs es100

3. dunlop sp9000

4. falken fk451s

the best for dry n wet traction is still the s02s but they cost...the es100s were pretty decent for the price but wore unevenly and were replaced after 20000 km...sp9000s are comfortable for a performance tyre...the fk451s which i am running now are pretty darned good for both dry and wet but tends to be horribly noise...

thinking of the goodyear f1 gs-d3 next or the yokohama ad07...cannot get bridgestone s03s or avs sports in 205/45/16s here in singapore...