ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tyres

clio 172
Its the time for some new front tyres, i have avon zz3's on there atm and i am quite happy with them

has anyone got any ideas of some decent rubber, i dont want cheap s**t nor do i want to pay £150 for 1 tyre !

Astra SRI/ Hornet
avon zz3's are s**t i had 2 on the front of my 172cup, conti sport contact 2's were really good. exaltos were awesome on my 182 but different fitment to 172 so couldnt recommend them having not tried them.

172 Cup
If your not taking it on track then go for some of the original conti contact sports (the tyre renault intended the car to run ;)), around £80 a tyre iirc

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I couldn't find anything decent for less than £100 when looking for 17s.

@rockers182 oh sorry forgot u can tell me where to ask questions. nob

just stating the obvious use the search button or even look in the right section there is a load of threads on tyres been started this week!! don't need another one:slap:

Astra SRI/ Hornet
£80 is a little steep, i have 17's so was think around £70 ish

for £70 quid you arnt going to get any good tyres tbh. id class that as budget tyres still and coming upto winter id think about getting good tyres.
exaltos cost more but do last better that the avon do.

Clio 182 inferno
But if ur gonna try and run motorbikes off the road just get some part worn crap for £20 a tyre

^ Yes they are $$$

Try Uniroyal Rainsport 2's, Toyo T1r's or Hankook V12 evo (I just got four of these in 15" after recommendations)...

Clio 182 inferno
Er yeah u can but part worns!
And ud know all about stupid comments wouldnt you!
Should we revisit ur previous threads- then we will find stupid comments!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Parada spec 2's

£73.60 each

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s13p...OHAMA_PARADA_SPEC_2_PA_01_-_205_40R17_84W_TL_

79649-84549-main--2427.jpg

And also, stop being a Prick, people are trying to help you. Just ignore the stupid comments if you don't like them, or your time on here will probably be short lived.

To be fair it was a stupid comment though!

Not sure what to suggest on the tyre front but agree circa £150 per tyre, ouch! I've just ordered some of the hankook v12 k110 tyres and am hoping that they'll be alright?

Looking at prices on blackcircles in 205/40/17, i'd probably plump for the Toyo T1-Rs at £77 per tyre in your shoes, i've never tried them on a 1*2 but have had them on four other cars including a PH2 non sport and have really liked them.

Good Luck.

Clio 182 inferno
To be fair it was a stupid comment though!

Not sure what to suggest on the tyre front but agree circa £150 per tyre, ouch! I've just ordered some of the hankook v12 k110 tyres and am hoping that they'll be alright?

Looking at prices on blackcircles in 205/40/17, i'd probably plump for the Toyo T1-Rs at £77 per tyre in your shoes, i've never tried them on a 1*2 but have had them on four other cars including a PH2 non sport and have really liked them.

Good Luck.

Redmini u didnt see this guys thread a week or so ago. He was basically saying that in future he's gonna run motorbikes off the road because one over took him!
The thread got taken off because there was a hell of a lot of people annoyed!

Ok right, my apologies then Adhall - I didn't see it!

I can't afford to run a bike and car myself at the moment but I am a biker at heart, can only hope his previous thread was meant in jest but doesn't sound like it was.

As a car driver / biker, I personally prefer that bikes get past me as quickly as possible. I used to move over and let other bikes (that caught me) past when on my own bike because I preferred to ride at my own limit and not feel under pressure or worry about when another rider may choose to pass me i.e. at the same time I choose to pass a car or mid corner.

Last edited:
  Clio 182 inferno
Ok right, my apologies then Adhall - I didn't see it!

I can't afford to run a bike and car myself at the moment but I am a biker at heart, can only hope his previous thread was meant in jest but doesn't sound like it was.

Im not a biker for the same reason mate, abit too expensive. My dad has some amazing bikes so its in my blood.
It wasnt in jest mate, if ud have seen the thread u wouldnt have been pleased!
I shouldnt of brought it up to be honest fella

Clio 182 inferno
Anyway, i seemed to have hi-jacked this thread, the guy wanted tyre help
Rob5gt save a little more cash if u can and try and get ps3's they are really good and you do notice where you money
has been spent

I agree, if you can afford michelin's you'll not go far wrong.

There do seem to be a lot of people on cliosport that take the view that you are a danger to other road users if you drive on anything less than PE2's / PS3's though and there are plenty of other good choices at reasonable prices i'm sure.