ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tyres!!

Hey all!!

The time has come to change my tyres. Im currently running on Michelin Pilots 205/50 15 but am gonna change and get 195/50 15. Im looking for a tyre with good grip both in dry & wet.

Can anyone recommend a decent tyre or let me know what type youve got?

Everyone seems to be changing tyres at the same time! Get the latest Autocar!

Best tyres out are the Pirelli Rossos, or as a budget tyre the Pirellli P7s

-Rob

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Been happy with my Bridgestone so3s which have been on for 18 months now. Good in wet and dry and were 48 quid a corner.

Goodyear Eagle F1s are also supposed to be good and seen them for 40 quid a corner.

Ive just got some 195/50/15 Toyo T1-S for my valver & am well impressed.

I paid about £34 each from Demon Tweeks which is still pretty cheap for how good they are.

Ive heard contrasting views about the A539 in the wet. Some say they grip well some say they dont, gonna have a look this afternoon! I got them from a tyre fitters near me, theyre based in Kings Langley, Herts.

Skoda Fabia vRS

danh16v - which Pilots did you have ?

my mate had the Exaltos an they were excellent !

Brun, I had the Exaltos too. They were a bloody good tire and seemed to last a lifetime. Im only changing tire as my Pilots were 205s and Ive decided to change to 195s to see if there is any difference.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ye can people give them a 1-4 rating .. 1 being best tyre allround .. I have never used any of the above tyres and will need some new fronts soon (might get all 4 done though) and want to know which one i should go for.

yeah im gettin new wheels soon, ive decided!!! but the place have given me that choice ish! obviously varying in price!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the contis that come wiv the 172 are brilliant tyres

quite why nobody likes em i dont know if i could afford em id get em every time

got my new contis on this morning, I like em ;) well happy just been out trying them in the rain!!!! sure It goes faster with new tyres!!!!! lol

Renault Laguna Coupe

I bought 4 almost new Contis from Roamer when he got his Goodyears - only 2 left now, dreading having to try something else :confused:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I really dislike the contis I find them unpredictable.. sometimes they will grip.. other times its like there is no grip at all.

Deffinatly dont like Contis, would rather spend more (or less as this case may be) on what I feel would be a better tyre.

Well, Ive just had the Yoko A539s put on and they seem brilliant. It had just been raining and they seem quite good in the wet. Gave them a good ragging round a roundabout and they gripped really well. Hopefully theyll be even better when theyve worn in a bit!!

Just been enquiring about some new tyres and a bloke at Charlie Browns quoted me the following prices!

Contis £64 each

Pirelli P0 about £80

Michelin Exanto never heard of them £90

Any advice I know the topic is a hot one!

Quote: Originally posted by abbs_172 on 11 February 2003

Just been enquiring about some new tyres and a bloke at Charlie Browns quoted me the following prices!

Contis £64 each

Pirelli P0 about £80

Michelin Exanto never heard of them £90

Any advice I know the topic is a hot one!
Thats what I paid for some Contis last week, quickfit quoted me £87 for the same tyre....rip off!!!!

195/50/15 is a very, very popular tyre size and is usually the chapest size for "performance" tyres.

I currently have Yoko A539s. I dont rate them that much in the wet; in fact Ive had a few hairy moments, but Im still not sure if thats due to oil/high-power FWD/snap-tastic on limit handling.

I always hear good things about Goodyear Eagle and Toyo Proxes. In this tyre size, they should be under £50 a corner if you look hard. Thats £200 a set, which is far better than for my old tyre size: 205/45/16.