ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New user, some questions!

Hello everyone!

Just got back from my local Renault dealer after a test drive in a 182 with cup packs and Im really keen to buy 1. Im currently driving a 1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four with approx 280 bhp but my journey to work is short, lots of traffic except weekends and Im just not using the car to its potential. A waste!! I used to own a Renault 19 16v and absolutely loved it, moved on to a mint VW Corrado VR6 (hated it!!!), then a new CTR (good engine and gearbox but rubbish steering and handling, then an FTO (better handling and steering response than CTR, nearly as quick, manual MIVEC) and now the GT-Four. I test drove the 172 mk1 when new and always wished I had bought one. My GT-Four currently uses £50 of petrol in 200 miles of slowtown driving. What can I expect from a 182? Also, dealers best deal was to give me Spoiler pack and metallic paint free but no further discount due to 0 percent finance, anyone know if I can get a better deal from any dealer in the North London area whilst still retaining 0 percent finance? Dealer I visited was Renault Enfield. Thanx.

tiTTy & SV650

28 - 32MPG in slow town driving I would think I get about 36MPG most of the time in mine.

GT4, lovely car, Carlos Sainz edition, phwoaar lol

as for 0% youll be looking at big deposit and nothing much thrown in prob.

Good luck!

Thanks mate! Not Carlos Sainz edition though, next shape on, much quicker, mmmmm!!!! Dealer wants 35% deposit, theyre looking for a good part-ex price for me now, said I wouldnt pay anything on top of my car towards deposit!

Hi!

Lots of cars youve had there mate....

182 will give you better mpg. The miles you do should only cost you approx £30 in one.

Not a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 21 April 2005
28 - 32MPG in slow town driving I would think I get about 36MPG most of the time in mine.GT4, lovely car, Carlos Sainz edition, phwoaar lolas for 0% youll be looking at big deposit and nothing much thrown in prob.Good luck!

i envy that mpg.

I get 16mpg in town and 30 out of town.

Cool, as soon as dealer gets back to me about part-ex Ill sign on the dotted line! 19 16v was only car Ive kept for a while (3 1/2 years), with Celica and CTR at 1 1/2 years each. Although I did write-off the CTR!!! Dodgy handling!!! Corrado VR6 lasted 8 months b4 boredom set in!!!!

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by _simon_ on 21 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 21 April 2005

28 - 32MPG in slow town driving I would think I get about 36MPG most of the time in mine.

GT4, lovely car, Carlos Sainz edition, phwoaar lol

as for 0% youll be looking at big deposit and nothing much thrown in prob.

Good luck!

i envy that mpg.

I get 16mpg in town and 30 out of town.
its not bad at all considering the 182 is a quick car. Never fails to impress me.

tiTTy & SV650

I really dont like racing blue, mines arctic - see my profile pics.

Its a personal preference though obviously

They had an Arctic Blue in the showroom and it looked stunning. Ive seen a few pics on here of Racing Blue and like it but it might be a bit boy racer-ish, no offence to anyone!!! But getting on a bit at 27 ;)