ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New washer pump and jets required

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
My washer pump is on its way out I think. Its a little slow to spray, and not very powerful. I assume a standard clio item from renault/motorfactor will be fine? Or are there uprated ones that will fit?

Also, Are there better spray jets available that are direct fit? From other renault models, or different manufaturers?

mk 2 clio
I had that problem. Mine was the pipes got blocked. So take out the water pump but leave the pipes feeding water to it connected. Get someone to spray it and you'll see if its working. Take the pipes and clean them through and should be all okay. Mines been okay ever since

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
it takes an ages to get water out the back pipe too, so it's definitely the pump

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
pumps are about a tenner. Just remember to remove the rubber and fit it to the pump, rather than leave it on the bottle and push the pump in. You'll be buying a new seal as it will fall straight in

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
pumps are about a tenner. Just remember to remove the rubber and fit it to the pump, rather than leave it on the bottle and push the pump in. You'll be buying a new seal as it will fall straight in

Cheers for the info Dan. Will give Renault a call tomorrow then

Lionel Richie
new pumps aren't £10 at Renault Phil, £48 each and there's 2 of them! GSF, ECP etc sell them, we do them for £15each (hey i'm not a charity!)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
woooooooooooooooo, how much at the stealers?? LOL.

There was some on eGay at £7ish, but I assumed these were universal shite and not even worth a look.

So are the front and rear pumps seperate?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
yeah 2 pumps. You'll probably need to remove it at least partially to see which you have as there's 2 fitments for the front one (pushes down, or pushes in from the side)