ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new wheels bolts !!!

Clio 182
Hey!! I ordered new wheel bolts for my clio they sent 17mm but 19mm came off the car!!!!
will these be ok????? just want to be sure!!! Xx

Cup In bits
So what you are saying is a 17mm socket fits the bolts where as a 19mm socket done the old ones, the threAd length is still the same?

Clio 182
yes new ones 17mm and old 19mm they still m12 1.5 but concern is they sink right into wheel whereas others didnt!!! The thread 27mm?? Xxx

107 Track Car & C4
What was the thread length on the old ones? If you ordered 19mm and they sent 17mm, surely just send them back? They haven't sent you what you ordered. That's why the thread length is different probably.

Clio 182
the 19mm got 25mm thread and new 17mm got 27mm thread, i just ordered them for the car and asked to make sure they would fit which replyed yes, only when came to fit them now realised they diff size, they on the car but now im worrying as they smaller have sunk right into wheel??? Xxx

ITB BG 182
Its the thread size that matter's, bolt head size makes no difference mate.
Just make sure you carry a 17mm socket and spanner with you incase you do need to take the wheel off for anything...
Plus surely a 17mm will not grip the alloy that is made to have a 19mm as much and sink into the hole with possible danger of too much thread going in?

Questions, thats all.

Cup In bits
There only 2mm longer and will still have the same 60deg taper if they were supplied right as I'm sure they were. The heads smaller so its going to look like its 'sunken' in to the wheel.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
The Polarized one Tpi sell are same iirc. 17mm AF head when renault ones are 19mm AF. The Size of the socket you have to use on them makes no differance provided the threads the same and seating of bolt is the same. Wheel bolts aren't like other bolts/screws where the head size relates to the thread size e.g. 10mm head AF is an M6 thread.