ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New work laptop- Toshiba or Dell?

172DD Cup
they are spec'd exactly the same, wondered if anyone had one of these and what they thought?

laptop_specs.JPG

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yep I'd go for the Dell as well, not keen on Toshiba and I have seen plenty of them overheat.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I have a E6400 series as my work machine. It's an ok little workhorse, more flimsy that my old D430 Latitude though.

172DD Cup
from reading reviews i've found:

toshiba is smaller - 13.4 x 9.4 x 0.8-1.1 = av.119 cubic inches; dell is 13.9 x 10.3 x 1.3 = 186 cubic inches
toshiba has larger touchpad and better stubby mouse control thing
dell has slightly curved keyboard + more comfortable
dell looks better

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I have a Toshiba laptop, the mrs has a Dell. We both got ours at the same time, near on identical spec. I still use my laptop, hers was condemned a few months back. It had also been repaired previously as the hinges seized, and it wouldn't close.

I have a Dell desktop so I don't dislike the company, I just don't think much of their laptops.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've just got a new e6420, slightly lower spec though. Its slightly bigger than my old 6410 but feels more robust and definately better looking.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I use a Dell. I've had a very easy time with it until recently it's stopped recognising the original charger as genuine so wont charge the battery. I'd certainly have another, infact I may upgrade quite soon

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
People who say toshiba's (or any manufacturer) are s**t and overheat are likely to only have experience their budget range.

Go for the smallest/lightest/slimmest imo

172cup
I'll second that,
I ve had a M90 precision for the last 4 years, amazing product and the warranty works a treat.
After 3 years of HEAVY use one fan died, I phoned them up and in 2 days time the guy came over and replaced both fans and graphic card!

I'd go for the Dell over the Tosh personally.