ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie 2003 172 Owner

2003 Clio 172
Hi all,

Great to be a user of a club again :) I used to own and run FiestaSTOC.com, FocusSTOC.com, FocusRSOC.com and MondeoSTOC.com however retired after 10 years of running them and 13 years of being an Admin on car clubs, so its a joy to be a member on a club again!

I'm Jim from Stafford, Staffs. I've bought a work colleagues 2003 Clio 172 in Flame Red with 72k on the clock, he bought from new, so I'm the second owner, for the great price of £1000 :D

From reading the forums, she's a Phase 2 Mk1, if I've understood right, its not got the cruise control which makes it a Mk1?

She's in near mint condition considering its a ten year old car! Already had Stainless exhaust system, cam belt, de-phaser, washer jet/pump and new pads and discs all round... so makes me very happy with the purchase price :)

Its my second car, so initially will be a winter time runner and future who knows... a track day car would be great. Previously owned Fiestas, then Fiesta ST, Mondeo ST220, Mondeo STTDCi and now a 2011 Mercedes C350 CDI. I always had a keen eye for the Clio Sports, especially the V6!

Really enjoyed the drive home tonight in the 172, will enjoy her as she is for a bit and perhaps look at spending some money in 2014 on her!

Look forward to reading up on the forums :)

Regards

Jim

172.jpg

2003 Clio 172
Had her cleaned the other day and took some pics... she really is in good nick, just one small dent on the drivers door that needs sorting.

172a.jpg

172b.jpg

172c.jpg

2003 Clio 172
Hi MrTom,

Oddly I've just been reading up on coilovers and spacers.

What seem to be the most popular coilovers?

What spacers seem to be the best for the standard alloys?

I will be getting her detailed in the new year too. Yours looks great :)

Jim

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Three things

1. Welcome to the club, dont forget to be a member :)
2. Love the car
3. On face value that is a bargain.

Dan