ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie _advice pls!!!!!

Hi all

I am thinking of buying a 172 cup to replace my citroen saxo just wondered what owners think of them an if there is much difference from the normal 172? I work as a mechanic for a renault dealershipn so driven loads of 172s but not any cups also (soz 4 all the questions!) what is the handling like on the cups? any different to the 172????

Any advice greatly appreciated

this might cause an outcright mate but in my oppinion there no real noticeable differance except ones called a cup. if they were both driven right then there would be little in it.

Please Olly, dont give us cup-biased idiots an excuse to leather the cosy/lardy 172 boys - itll end it tears as normal.....

Hi ollyb and welcome to the club :)

Just out of interest, Are the 172s that youve driven all been customers cars and if so, is this common practice when cars are in for service etc??

See? They rub it in how climate/leather&alcantara/decent soundproofing/6 disk cd player/etc, etc make us Cuppies feel like cheapskates, and then we have to retaliate....

...by claiming 3mm here and 10mm there, 0.3 secs here and 89kg there, etc....

Lee

BMW M2C

I was taking the p1ss!! I really couldnt care less. Im happy with my car as it fullfills all my needs, as Im sure yours does for you. :D

was thinking of going for the air con on the cup! now renault have made it a option!

In reply to vivj most of the 172,s are customers ones had loads of probs with rattles and knocking on the mk2,s so need to road test them

Dont road test them on a normal service only major services but all cars wether be a 1.2 clio,172,spider,masters etc get road test on a major service

there are sum mechanics that do thrash the customers cars on road test but i see it that i wouldnt want my car thrashed by sum idiot so i personally dont

A great tip if you want the car looked after why its in the garage is talk to the mechanic that is goin to work on the car explain the faults or anythin that wants lookin at and be friendly then they tend to have a greater respect for the car as they seen the owner and usually tend to get a better job done as well!