ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie, canon 400D

BMW E30 325iiiiii
At christmas my sister gave me a loan of her nikon d5000, i got the bug lol.

so ive just won a canon eos 400d of ebay.

hope to get good at it.

any problems to be wary of with this camera?

Oil Burner
Nothing wrong with the 400d at all. I had one as my first DSLR and loved it, there are plenty of guys using the 400d to produce stunning photos. Almost all the features you need are there, some of them are just a little hidden compared to the XXD range. But you will soon get the hang of it.

Things to be careful of: time the lens spends off the body. A dirty sensor is a pain when your on a low budget or its just a hobby. Sensor cleaning is easy, but its nerve racking the first time and surprisingly expensive for the bits to do it with. Im slightly OCD about this and i rarely remove the lens outdoors. When i do change lenses i only take the body off once the receiving lens is ready and i keep the body facing down.

Best tip i can give, read lots of tutorials/guides and just get out there and practice.

Enjoy :cool: