ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie considering a 200

MG ZR 120+
Hi everyone.

I'm currently driving an old MG ZR 1.8 and the time is right for an upgrade. My GF has just bought a 1.2 turbo and I was quite taken with the 200s in the dealership! They have a beautiful white 200 (non-Cup, 10 plate, with Recaros) which took my fancy, and I'm currently considering that or a Type R...

Anyway, my question is this - can you retrospectively 'fit' the Cup chassis upgrades to a 'normal' 200, or must this be specified at the time of build? And if so I'm assuming this is something a large main dealer would do? Apologies if this has been answered before. I did search the forum but found nothing.

Cheers,

OwlFace.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
As far as I know it could be done after you have purchased the car but it would prob be more worth your money fitting aftermarket suspension. Just because it's non cup doesnt make it bad. It'll handle very well.

I'm a massive jap fan at heart and I would have the 200 over the the typeR all day long. Just my opinion though.

Don't think you can fit afterwards but might be wrong.

200's are great cars, I've had one so a little biased!

I've driven a type r FN2 and the 200 wins hands down.

Recaros are a must, we had them, they look great.

Just find a White one with cup pack and recaros, they're out there.

Cup rack, calipers, shocks/springs and anti roll bars are going to cost more than its worth to change. It is possible but really not worth the hassle.

Non cup pack is better ;)

clio rs 200
I Test drove both RS200 with the cup chassis and one without and to be honest could not notice any differece so
i bought one without save yourself £400 quid by the way the cup chasis pack can not be retro fitted it has to be done at time of manafacture see my picture under media(my first picture).I would have a RS200 anyday above a type R.
Hope this helps.

Main thing the 200cup has that the none cup pack doesnt is the quick rack, which could be retrofitted, but expensive to do.

IMO just order one with the cup chassis if you really want it. Thuogh if its road use only, I wouldnt bother.