ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG 200 Cup - value??

Tomleech

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182 & AG 200 Cup
IMG_2555.jpeg

I’ve been approached by someone who wants to buy my car. It’s a 2009 Alien Green Cup with 77k and FSH.

It’s immaculate… got Recaros, loads of work done recently and some nice upgrades are fitted… Akrapovič exhaust, Bilstein suspension, Ktec induction and remap, Michelin Cup 2’s, retrimmed wheel… just to name a few. This is a properly sorted car and it’s going to kill me to sell it, but as I’ve got a bite I think the time has come to let it go.

The insured agreed value is £13.5k but I’m not sure if this is the right sort of money to be asking for in a sale? Being a rare car I’ve got nothing to guide me in the classifieds and haven’t seen one for sale for a while.

Any advice would be appreciated. There’s a good chance it will go to its new home this weekend at Anglesey so need to get my head around this pronto.
IMG_2552.jpeg

IMG_2550.jpeg

IMG_2537.jpeg

IMG_2670.jpeg
IMG_2555.jpeg
IMG_2552.jpeg
IMG_2550.jpeg
IMG_2537.jpeg
IMG_2670.jpeg
IMG_2555.jpeg

Tomleech

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182 & AG 200 Cup
Cheers, I’ll have a look at the one on collecting cars.
Any thoughts on this @Gus ?
I think you used to own this car (DF59EHY) a few years back…

Tomleech

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182 & AG 200 Cup
Cheers for the replies 👍🏼
It’s nice to know who else has previously owned it @boffey @N0ddie … I’m sure you guys had fun in it too.
Very sad to sell but it’s never looked better and I think it’s now time for someone else to enjoy it.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Nice Stance on that assuming its got spacers as well as lowered.

How did the person interested approach you?

If someone was just to randomly say they were interested in buying my car and was not selling I would add a couple of grand on & see how badly they want it.

Have had notes left on the windscreen of a couple of rare cars owned in the past. Just chucked them as not interested I selling at the time. Been approached on forums too & I just make a mental note & let the person know when I am selling. Sold one car that way to a really nice chap. Zero hassle sale.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I would wait & see what the Collecting Cars one goes for and adjust your price based on it being lower miles & having that plate. Remember it has fees on top of hammer price.

I probably would have went £15k for that car on the basis of the low miles & the plate being worth a couple of grand. When you look at MOT's it has not done many miles for 9 of its years. If it was dry stored may mean its pretty clean underneath for 13 year old car which would also be plus. Downside would be its had a hard life. But most people who own 200 chase the redline.... to keep up with modern traffic!

Quite a bit of interest and bids from different people. Not sure if its because they want a green Clio or the mag feature car.

Tomleech

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182 & AG 200 Cup
Nice Stance on that assuming its got spacers as well as lowered.

How did the person interested approach you?

If someone was just to randomly say they were interested in buying my car and was not selling I would add a couple of grand on & see how badly they want it.

Have had notes left on the windscreen of a couple of rare cars owned in the past. Just chucked them as not interested I selling at the time. Been approached on forums too & I just make a mental note & let the person know when I am selling. Sold one car that way to a really nice chap. Zero hassle sale.
Yeah it’s got 19mm spacers and Bilstein coilovers… it does sit really nicely 👍🏼

He sent me a message on here a couple of weeks ago and although I wasn’t planning to sell, now might actually be the right time to let it go. I’ve had a good chat with him and he’s a genuinely nice bloke so feel he’d be a good purchaser…zero hassle sale as you say.

BUT I really really love the car, and if there’s a chance AG cars are going to skyrocket in value over the next year or so then I’m tempted to keep hold of it. On the other hand it still needs to be looked after, there’s no guarantee the value will increase and the more cash I plough into it may not see a return.

I haven’t agreed a firm price yet but have indicated I want what it’s agreed insurance value is (£13.5k), however seeing what’s going on with CL10CUP I’m wondering if AG cars are more desirable that I first thought. I think that car is especially desirable because of its history, mileage and the plate (not just because it’s AG) but I’m sure mine is in better condition. I’m going to CSF at the weekend so will get more opinion there.

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Only you can make the choice.

Had plenty of cars I wish I still had. But equally look at the cars I have owned (& actually used, not garage queens) since. So think its all about owning as many as possible before they turn of the taps.

If I got CLIO CUP for £20k I would want to keep. Would also sell my MX5.

So that would be no BBR tuning for MX5 or M2 Comp down the line or maybe Civic Type R or GR86 or GR Yaris.

I think I got alot more boxes to tick than revisit a car I owned 12 years ago.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
The other thing if the other chap is a serious buyer on a forum you may be able to line him up at a mutually agreeable price and timescale and give you the chance to find something else in the meantime.

When I sold a car through a forum had some one of interest lined up from 6m before. Went to see an E92 M3 at main dealer. Checked back that he was defo interested & could buy now then put deposit on M3. He got a very nice rare car that I never advertised and I got a good price exactly when I wanted it.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I see you up on Pistonheads now.

Nice that they did a little news article too.

Car looking great in pictures & Advert reads really well.

You got the LY 182 Advertised somewhere else or hoping someone wants your collection?

Tomleech

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182 & AG 200 Cup
I see you up on Pistonheads now.

Nice that they did a little news article too.

Car looking great in pictures & Advert reads really well.

You got the LY 182 Advertised somewhere else or hoping someone wants your collection?
Yep really good of Matt at Pistonheads to do an article about it - he’s said some nice things.

And thanks for saying that. I don’t really like writing ads and it takes me ages but it makes it all worthwhile when people notice the effort.

I haven’t done a write up for the LY 182 yet and haven’t properly advertised it. Only decided it also need to go the other night. It’d be great to see them go together but I think there’s little chance of that happening. Had one offer for the two but it wasn’t enough for me to think about it seriously. So fingers crossed for separate sales I think.

A proper ad for the 182 is on my to do list this weekend. It’s a really good car and got a lot going for it so it should write up well. Just thought I’d be lazy and try my luck adding onto the 200 ad, and save myself another £30 😂

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Make sure you put a link on here for the 182 when you get it up.

Who knows how long I can keep convincing myself I don't need a Clio especially with Nice Colours & Recaro's.