ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from overseas. Brazil !

Honda Jazz
Hi, My name is Eduardo, I'm 24yo and I'm from Brazil. Talking to a massive Clio fan friend of mine (Andsu, has a F4R swapped into a MKII Dynamique), I'm tending towards buying an MKI ph2 as a TrackDay/Daily Driven car.

I Just love reading build threads of all kinds ( I've been reading Passionford, Cliosport, Honda-Tech, etc) to know where i'm going to step on before doing it.

I Love TrackDays, I've beed event photographer for about 3 years now and since I started working now (as trainee), I'll be able to set some cents apart to buy myself my first car. My dad has a Honda Civic wich I was intending to buy it from him, but i don't feel like putting a nice and confortable Civic on the track My dad's Honda is at supermint condition, i just don't have the balls to ruin it ), and maitenance and performance parts are way more expensive then Clios and "it's friens".

My first Idea was to get either a Peugeot 106, Citroen AX or Peugeot 205 to be my trackday Warrior. Then this friend of mine started bothering me about clios and showing me stuff and I started looking around for some K7M Clios ( sadly that's the fastest MKI's we have here ) and i've found some that fits into my pockets untill the end of 2011 as I hope so.

Just for you to have a superficial Idea, over Here a Peugeot 106 Soleil or Quiksilver ( Wich here are both 1000cc only ) in a decent condition are around 5k GBP. A Citroen Ax is around 4k GBP and a Peugeot 205 around 4 GBP.

So when i started looking around for some MKI Clio Ph2, i discovered that i can get one in a fair condition for about 2,5k GBP. Yes, we have massively expensive cars over here. And we Don't have 16v Clios untill MKII.

So My initial idea is to multipoint the k7m, strip the hell out of it and see where it get's me untill i have funds to swap something more track comitted into it. And since it's going to be my only car, it HAS TO have Power Steering and Air Conditioning, impossible to live with a car without it in Brazil with our lunar tarmac and our hellfire heat. And PS and AC are both my concern about swapping a F4R into it ( That's my favorite idea but dunno if it's possible to keep both ).

So That's it. I Hope to gather enough info for my project so when i have the car i avoid taking wrong steps.