ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from the east

Honda Civic
Hello!

I'm an old skool petrol head who loves anything car/bike related. I do a lot of track days and will be starting my first season of racing next year :D

I've decided to buy a dedicated track day car (although it will still be used on the road occasionally) and I've decided on an old Clio 172. I've driven a few of them over the years (have a few mates in the trade) and I think they're great fun. I'll be looking to buy early next year but thought I'd get a head start and join the forum now, maybe pick up a few tips before I buy...

Cheers

Searley :)

172 turbo 'cup'
When your looking for one make sure it's had the cam belt and aux belt's done if not it's around 400-500 to have them done cup's are a bit less with no air con.

Honda Civic
Thanks mate. Yeah I usually check and make sure the cambelt is done on any car I buy, along with making sure it has full history (preferably main dealer). Is there anything else that I should be aware of, eg gearbox issues or any components that are prone to failure?