ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from the South East

Artic Blue 182 FF
Hello Guys,

Rottingdean, East Sussex here,

After 5 years of owning a Pulsar GTiR its and an end of an era for boost for me (well for a while anyway) just put a deposit down on a lovely Artic Blue 182 which im picking up on Saturday.

Really looking forward having some fun in the 182, Been 5 years since owning a Renault (had quite a few Renault 11 Turbos over the years which were fantastic fun but sadly rot boxes :().

Sam

PH1 V6
Hi mate,

welcome! what spec is the 182? and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking of course :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
Welcome mate.

There's no need to end the boost.... Supercharged clio's are getting very reliable now ;)

Artic Blue 182 FF
Thanks chaps,

quick99, Its a full fat 182 in Artic Blue, was from a guy on here, I got it for £3500, but I think the classifieds ad has been removed now, feel happier knowing its come from someone on the Cliosport forums anyway.

Just needs the post cat sensor replaced (was made aware before coming up) which ive already ordered, but the car drove beautifully, and not one rattle!!! I used to think Renaults always rattled. FSH by Renault and All belts etc have been done by Renault 7k ago (its on 67k) and new exhaust too, everything was spot on apart from that sensor, but it had no effect on the driving of the car. For me its like having a brand new car as ive always had old cars all my life!!! I guess its more likely to be electrical issues from now on.

These are the photos he originaly posted up...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdoxenham/sets/72157624766437221/with/4963092977/

And Jack, hahaha thats what the Mrs said to me, you`ll want to supercharge it, but this is a 100% standard car and staying that way, I need something more practical for everyday use and visiting clients. Turning up in a Pulsar with a mongoose exhaust blasting away really didnt give a great impression, plus single figure MPG when coming on boost gets expensive after a while. :( especially with how addictive boost is.

Stripped yozza'd cup
And Jack, hahaha thats what the Mrs said to me, you`ll want to supercharge it, but this is a 100% standard car and staying that way, I need something more practical for everyday use and visiting clients. Turning up in a Pulsar with a mongoose exhaust blasting away really didnt give a great impression, plus single figure MPG when coming on boost gets expensive after a while. :( especially with how addictive boost is.

RUBBISH! You'll soon want more power :) 'charged clio's are reasonably civilized, get a nice sensible exhaust system, keep your cat and it will be a more monster when it needs to be and nice a sensible when required!

Hero points for your mrs knowing what a supercharger is though!

LY R26 #288
Welcome mate, the Clio is going to feel so flat to you at first. But give it time and you will love it :). Coming from a turbo car myself, the power of the Clio was almost dissapointing at first, a few weeks later I'd fallen in love with it.

Good to have some more local members, I'm only down the road in Bognor.