ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie looking for my first clio

Mitsubishi EVO VI
Hello

I am looking at selling my Mitsubishi Evo and buying a 182 cup, does anyone have any advice on common things to look out for ?

This seems like a really nice forum, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you at future track days / meets :)

Yozz'd up 182
There is a buying guide in the guide section i think.

But the basics are the belts, make sure theyve been done.

any odd noises.

any lights on the dash.

Just check it feels right, you can tell if it doesnt.

any particular reason for a cup over the ff? (xenons, half leather etc)
the price difference is almost negligible.

Mitsubishi EVO VI
thanks, second stupid question of the day, what do I look for ( in for example pistonheads ) if I am looking for a full fat 182 ? I thought the cup was the highly specced version

535d / t5 caravelle
i'll be looking to purchase a 172/182 in the near future, from what i've read the cup is the one to have, from a drivers car point of view anyway (or is this more for the 172 cup? ) yours is stunning by the way, just a bit out of my budget at the minute :(

If your after a drivers car, the 172 cup is the one to go for mate. The thing wih the 182 cup is, they took away all the things you'de want but left the heaviest part - the AC lol

Avoid the 182 cup if you can mate, either go for the 172 cup or the 182 FF.

Matt.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
All b****cks!

I'd happily have a 182 Cup. It has the important cupped running gear (suspension/hubs etc) but with manual AC. Yes, you dont get the Xenons or crap 'leather' (if you class immitation plastic stuff as leather - then lol) but thats all you're missing really. Proper 182 Cups come in either Inferno Orange or Racing Blue. I currently have a 172 Cup, but have had a 182 Cupped with all the toys.......... all much of a muchness really. You will find on here that for some deluded reason that 182s with cup-packs are seen as some plush beemer or something!

clio 172 luna speedl
I have a 172 cup in silver (only 90 in England) comin up for sale soon. Just doin the belts. Pm me if it's somethin u want!

535d / t5 caravelle
i suppose it will come down to what i can afford and what takes my fancy at the time, funny how i have my eye's on both your cars in the for sale section, just not quite the dosh yet though :)

legohead- i'll be after blue mate when the time comes

cheers

182 Trophy
I would happily drive a 182 Cup also. They are a little bit odd when compared to the 172 Cup in terms of what they removed but at the end of the day a 182 Cup is still a good car if what you want is a great driving hot hatch. End Of.