ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie - RS 200 Gordini

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Hi All

Not sure if this post is in the correct place so my apologies if it's not, I couldn't find a dedicated Newbie section.
blush.gif

I have today put a deposit down on a 2010 (60) Clio RS 200 Gordini in Blue which I will be collecting from the dealer next week (very excited).

My previous car was an S1 Peugeot 106 Rallye which I have loved and cherished for 10 years now. I've been contemplating selling it for a while, but have been struggling to find something that I will love just as much and offer me as much fun...until now! Really enjoyed the test drive in the Gordini this morning, it felt like it was just meant to be and I have truly fallen in love with the car.

I actually don't know a lot about this car and was wondering if anyone would be able to offer me any hints and tips of stuff to look out for, like whether they suffer any with any particular problems? I would also be very interested to join in attending regular meets, as this is the one thing I will really miss when I sell my 106 Rallye and leave the rallyeregister!

Thank you and hello to all, look forward to becoming a regular member on the Forum.
bigsmile.gif

Samantha

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome along. The gearboxes in the 200's seem to be proving troublesome (in some, not all) so be aware of that!

Help needed
Hi Samantha, Not looking good here is it? I'm new to the Clio sport like you. Unfortunately, I can not offer anything other than add to the gearbox problems. It would appear that mileage is not the factor.
Just drive it, changing gears at high revs and ensure that they all locate smoothly.
I've been looking for a nice 200 also, and I must confess to liking the Gordini in blue, but not 100% liken the wheels ?
Good luck
Jon

Hi and welcome samantha, the gearboxes are not that bad, just drive it hard on the testdrive and change down from 5th to 3rd and 4th to 2nd to see if any crunching, and if all is good make sure you change the oil as soon as you get it and use the correct grade and amount is so important in all renault gearboxes ?