ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie with problems!

Clio Sport 182
Hi all, i've just bought a 182 on a 04 plate. very pleased with it so far but i have 1 problem.

A little orange light in the shape of an engine flashes on the right hand side of the dash.

I have no idea where to start looking into this!

If anyone can help i would be very grateful!

Scott :)

Clio Sport 182
Yeah i've got a manual but it seems that depending on what page you look at it is a different fault.

I would like someone that has had the same fault to share their knowledge if possible.
cheers

53 Clio's & counting
Welcome. :)

That could be a number of different faults, take it and get the fault codes read, will sabve you a lot of time and money mate

clio 182
sounds like the emissions light? u got loss of power too??

if its on all the time, its emissions sensor in the exhaust (lambda)

mine started flashing after i lost power n then sounded like an impreza n poped, was the coil pack n sparkies that had gone

Clio Sport 182
I will take it for a diagnostic. i just wanted someone to be able to tell me a few things it could be.
Also, do i have to do a diagnostic at renault or can it be anywhere?

Clio Sport 182
well it drives fine, no power loss or anything.
It is 42mpg so i'm guessing its not overfueling like the manual might suggest.
:dapprove:

clio 182
wow! 42 mpg in a 182! driving like a granny? most i get driving slow n trying to save petrol is 27 lol

u got a decat or exhaust?

Clio Sport 182
yeah well it was driving it home from buying it, and i was using the blokes insurance, so i was driving like a granny yeah.
As far as i know it is completely standard!

Clio Sport 182
well it wasn't doing it when i bought it.
It didn't do it all the way home but when it is sat in the garage it comes on after a few minutes.

RS Clio 182
my light came on all the time and i had no power loss and i got the codes read and it was the upstream lambda sensor(pre cat), i got a bosch one from a local motor factors for 55.00 and replace it myself, my light has gone off now but my mpg hasnt improved, driving steady i get 26.1 mpg, wish id of kept my 330 bmw lol

had the same whilst stationary mate....as soon as i started moving it whent off....its just unburnet fuel passing through the cat....hense when you start moving it goes off.

Clio Sport 182
OK thankyou to everyone for their help.
Did someone say there is a built in diagnostics?
How do i do that?
Thanks

Clio Sport 182
ok, but can i be completely sure it's lambda?
is it not worth checking the diagnostics anyway incase there is something else?
cheers