ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***newbie***

r5 gtt with 172 turbo eng
hi every1, just joined so thought i say hello:clap:

i know my cars not a clio but i does have a clio engine and thought if any1 was to know about the engine it would be you lot on here :D

heres the current spec of the engine and if any1 could tell me how to load up pics ill get them sort aswell, cheers ;)

clio 172 2.0 16v turbo conversion
std cams
fully flowed head
dished pistons 9.5:1 c/r
Bosch 350 cc injectors
balanced conrods
balanced crank
custom tubular manifold
t3/4 turbo
custom 3" downpipe
custom side exit exhaust
samco hoses
piper cross oversized air filter
Cosworth pressure regulator
Cosworth group A fuel pump
Cosworth fmic and custom pipework
Fuel hard line replaced
Custom billet fuel rail
Emerald engine management system
All Cosworth sensors

running 254.5bhp @ 6639 rpm (142mph) and 228.6 lbft @ 5437 @ max boost of 6.5 psi
top speed of 151.6 mph @ 7100
track'n'road powerformance 8/11/05

yeah saw that on ebay a few weeks back

looks like it needs a bit of TLC, a new front bumper and a new custom intercooler.

what 1/4 mile time does it do?

GuyS said:
yeah saw that on ebay a few weeks back

looks like it needs a bit of TLC, a new front bumper and a new custom intercooler.

what 1/4 mile time does it do?
yep was on ebay a few weeks ago but didnt sell so i brought it off the bloke for a bargin price of 2.5k :D

allready got the bits on the way to tidy up the front end (new bumper and bigger fmic)

it does the 1/4 mile in 12.907 @ 108 mph and this was on 22/1/06 1st event at the pod of the year with a very poorly prep'd strip, every1 was strugglin for traction that day. was only running 5psi instead of the 6.5psi max it runs, as didnt wanna push it 2 hard on its 1st time out ;)

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
well it not hard the both go pretty well! r5 a bit lighter i think?and they both do 0-60 in like 7 std.am i right?

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
stevo172-250 said:
well it not hard the both go pretty well! r5 a bit lighter i think?and they both do 0-60 in like 7 std.am i right?

abit lighter is an understatment, 855kg in standard trim with spare wheel etc etc so most are under 800kg, 0-60 7.3 standard with 118bhp but there are hardly any standard 5's about and is so easy to get 180bhp by turning up the boost and fueling to match :)

A number of clios
welcome to the club mate did you buy your car off ebay? my mate wanted it lol its a nice motor

p3rcy1 said:
welcome to the club mate did you buy your car off ebay? my mate wanted it lol its a nice motor

bloke couldnt sell it on ebay and got messed about alot but managed to snag it off him for 2.5k ;)

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Hi Steve,Sweeet motor. :)
Your local! If you want to bring it to Our Next South-west meet @ the airfield just say.(Be a good place to test it out!)
Welcome to CS