ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi there my names karl, but for some odd reason lots of people call me Karlos.

Im from Lindford In Hampshire(Near Aldershot), I dont have a Clio but thinking about it cause my cars costing me to much to buy.

So do you think that Im in dream land thinking about getting a 172 Mk1 and Im only 22, would It be possible to get insured?

Sorry if Ive put this in the wrong place put couldnt see anywhere else.

Lionel Richie

welcome chap!!!

dont see why not, the mk1 172s are comming up dead cheap these days

as long as you have at least 1 yr no claims

theres a few lads on here that are around 20/21 with 172s

best bet is to ring around all the insurance companys for quotes

look in the Interior Forum, theres a thread called "insurance hints and tips"

LY 200

Welcome mate and insuring a 172 at 22 should be no sweat!!!

Im 20 and have had quotes for around £1500 fc in the past and i know theres a a few as young as 18 with them so its not too hard to insure em!!!

Get some quotes Matey!!!

Full Fat 182 - Was..

im 22, i was 21 when i bought my 182, try Privilege insurance, they are very good for young drivers and hot little cars, they have always been the lowest for me and ive never had a problem. dont get a mk 1 172, treat yourself and buy a newer mk2 172 or the 182, or better still 0% finance a new 182 tropy put 5K down as a deposit and then pay around £260 a month for a sh*t hot car!

its the best way to go in the long run, newer car, full warrenty etc etc and its a limited edition! id definatly have one if id not been tricked into buying a house by my woman ;)

Black Mk2 172

shouldnt have too much of a problem insuring one, im paying 1050 fully comp , im 22 with 3yrs no claims , thats with tesco , could probably get it cheaper if i shopped around tho

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Welcome mate i got a quote for £961 with 2yrs ncd and a 21yr old sono bother.

Mini Cooper S sport

HI & welcome, Im in Hampshire too.

You should be able to get a Mk2 (well, you might prefer the looks of the Mk1) and insure it.

You wont be disappointed :)

Loads of young guys on here have Mk1 172s.
Expect to pay around 1k for insurance with people like Greenlight and Privilege.
Go for it, you wont regret buying a MK1 172, they are so raw to drive... none of this girly TC and other useless gadgets ;)

Ok so I should be able to get insured but roughly how much are Mk1/Mk2 172s?

Also Im stuck in fianancedeal with current car (trying to get out of) so preferable through some sort of dealer so they can take old car off my hands.